Sunday morning train to Kings X

Take your word for it.though I don't understand why people wouldn't book transpennine - thought it was cheaper as much as anything else!

Yeah but it doesn't get you to London! 99% of people when booking tickets will just put in from Sunderland to London Kings Cross in the booking engine - the only way it'll get you booked on a TPE/XC is if you specify via/changing at Leeds/York/Doncaster/Sheffield.

For the Checkatrade I drove to Donny, got the Grand Central Sunday morning that started in Bradford. No stops and everyone was sat all the way down. Same on the way back 9.the Monday. I had a reserved seat both ways.

This time I'm getting the LNER from Wakefield as I was worried Donny would get to the final. Booked seats, train starts in Leeds and only 2 or 3 stops until London.

People need to wise up, think outside the box as the trains will be shite again from up here.

Even with the price of petrol to drive down and parking fees I'm still saving about £70 on the price of the train too.

We got the train from Donny last time as well, it was busy but everyone had a seat and still plenty of Lads fans. The Bradford Grand Central on the way back up was ideal with no stops, journey flew over.

Yeah but it doesn't get you to London! 99% of people when booking tickets will just put in from Sunderland to London Kings Cross in the booking engine - the only way it'll get you booked on a TPE/XC is if you specify via/changing at Leeds/York/Doncaster/Sheffield.
:oops::lol: I'm a bloody idiot! Transpennine - the clues in the name i suppose! Just remembered they all go to Manchester :lol:

Don't have seats reserved this time but can't imagine it'll be much of an issue other than when we're coming back from KX.

Took the bus last time, hearing about everyone being crammed on the train made me decide to take the car this time, should be a nice stress free trip!

Where'd you hear this? All the seats were taken but there was barely anyone in the aisles (I didn't see any on our train but I'm assuming some were on one of them).

Don't have seats reserved this time but can't imagine it'll be much of an issue other than when we're coming back from KX.

Where'd you hear this? All the seats were taken but there was barely anyone in the aisles (I didn't see any on our train but I'm assuming some were on one of them).

I would expect to not have a seat, if you get one it's a bonus. My mates went for 2 days last time, I only went for 1. They got on at Newcastle and half of them stood all the way there on the Saturday and half of them stood all the way back on the Monday.

I booked a bit later as I had to sort a ticket for my son. It was coming up £140 each with no seat. f***ing no chance of me paying that to stand hence driving to Yorkshire. The train from Donny was only £41 each! A complete no brainer...

I would expect to not have a, seat, if you get one it's a bonus. My mates went for 2 days last time, I only went for 1. They got on at Newcastle and half of them stood all the way there on the Saturday and half of them stood all the way back on the Monday.

I booked a bit later as I had to sort a ticket for my son. It was coming up £140 each with no seat. f***ing no chance of me paying that to stand hence driving to Yorkshire. The train from Donny was only £41 each! A complete no brainer...

My mates did something similar - I think they drove to Peterborough though and rented someones driveway for the weekend. I assumed they also bought seats on the train but it'd make much more sense if they hadn't now you've said that. I thought it was a bit daft like that they were doing that but it makes sense now.:oops:

I would expect to not have a, seat, if you get one it's a bonus. My mates went for 2 days last time, I only went for 1. They got on at Newcastle and half of them stood all the way there on the Saturday and half of them stood all the way back on the Monday.

You'll still be standing from Doncaster? Obviously for less time though..

You'll still be standing from Doncaster? Obviously for less time though..

The trains I'm booking don't start their journey from the North East. I got on at Donny, with a reserved seat and sat all the way and again coming back. This train started it's journey in Bradford, there wasn't 1 person standing in either direction.

This time the train is only coming from Leeds and I'm getting on at Wakefield, again with a seat booked. I expect it to be busy but will have a seat as there's another 2 or 3 stops before London.

Back