Sunday lunch recommendations around Sunderland.

Shame about the service. Worst dining experience I've ever had, couldn't pay me to go back.

Food actually annoys me, because it isn't cheap & the portions are way too big, so you're just paying for food to be wasted.
Three horse shoes or the bar and kitchen?

Pub & kitchen
Only been a few times, never had a problem and they’ve been on a Sunday.

I get the portion size thing, when they’re like that it’s very rare we ever have a dessert as even I am normally stuffed.

Although desserts are ridiculously priced now, drop the prices a bit and the portion size of the lunches they’ll probably sell far more and probably be more profitable.

Havent read this whole thread because i gave up - clue was in the title - sunday lunch sunderland. First few posts, everywhere sunderland is shit and microwaved. Everywhere newcastle is muchelin 5* - ffs. If you were a top chef you would never open a restaurant in sunderland as it would be rubbish no matter what. Can i ask is kfc mcdonalds, burger king much better up the road? Obviously the posters in here would say yes - i give up.

Another vote for The Cliff in Roker.

Went today for the first time, decent meat, nice veg and only £9.95 each.
Nice place, plenty of space and loads of parking outside.

Havent read this whole thread because i gave up - clue was in the title - sunday lunch sunderland. First few posts, everywhere sunderland is shit and microwaved. Everywhere newcastle is muchelin 5* - ffs. If you were a top chef you would never open a restaurant in sunderland as it would be rubbish no matter what. Can i ask is kfc mcdonalds, burger king much better up the road? Obviously the posters in here would say yes - i give up.
Not everyone is negative about Sunderland on here mate. Some good posters on here supporting the place. There's some great places to drink, eat and watch live music in Sunderland. Only put one poster on ignore ever. He did nowt but slag the place off. Turns out he lives in Newcastle.

Not everyone is negative about Sunderland on here mate. Some good posters on here supporting the place. There's some great places to drink, eat and watch live music in Sunderland. Only put one poster on ignore ever. He did nowt but slag the place off. Turns out he lives in Newcastle.
Was it that ooosh berk?

Well been meaning to try 3 Horse Shoes at Running Waters for a while now. Average for £10.75. Someone I know went to Vic Gardens yesterday and was inpressed.

Still can’t get over the bonded warehouse closing down, their Sunday lunches were superb, as were the ones at the Biscuit Factory in Newcastle. Likely two of my favourites.
We’re at the Nest at Chillingham Road in Newcastle tomorrow, lovely food and great service there.
I’ve not been to Shipwrights but it’s on the list to try as the reviews are canny.

Back