Sunday lunch recommendations around Sunderland.

@Bob Fleming knows the score.

Very good it was. We hadn't booked but the two of us got the last table at about 1.30pm.

On 12 til 4, booking advisable. We'll be back.
Nice one glad you enjoyed it. I shouldn't shout about it so much as it's just making it harder to get in to :D
Actually have not been for a while but have been elsewhere to places other people have raved about including ones that are 'served' rather than carvery. But no nothing can match it. I'm going to book in for this Sunda.

This. The best Sunday lunch I’ve had in many a year, if not ever was at The Morritt Hotel at Greta Bridge. Outstanding bait.
Great bait at the Morritt, don’t stay there though the first room we got looked like a £15 a night b&b. They also shut the bar and all drinks service at 10pm! Luckily I’d taken a few cans to watch match of the day 😀

I’ve never been in but it’s always chocka on a Sunday.
The pub and kitchen in Cassop does good scran.

Shame about the service. Worst dining experience I've ever had, couldn't pay me to go back.

Food actually annoys me, because it isn't cheap & the portions are way too big, so you're just paying for food to be wasted.

Shame about the service. Worst dining experience I've ever had, couldn't pay me to go back.

Food actually annoys me, because it isn't cheap & the portions are way too big, so you're just paying for food to be wasted.
Stop moaning.

Back