Sunday dinner

It's quite a challenge keeping it away from the gravy. If it gets gravy on it, then you end up with gravy everywhere when you pick it up to eat it and run the risk of looking like you belong up the road. If she's cut the carrots into batons, you can create a decent dam to keep the gravy away though.

You shouldn't have to carry out civil engineering on your Sunday dinner man...

Two women at work reckon sweetcorn is a must and think it's odd if you don't. Anyone else partake in such hideousness? First I've heard of it tbh.
Are we talking about this?:
Logon or register to see this image

Or is it some sort of English dish? I'm googling but all I'm getting is regular corn.

EDIT: Never mind, I know what the problem is. I should have been looking up Sunday Dinner. You don't mean just having dinner on Sunday, you're talking about an actual English dish called "Sunday Dinner" - just looked it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of such a thing.

Sunday dinner is the most overrated meal going mind. Twice a year (one being Christmas dinner) is more than enough.

Reported

It's quite a challenge keeping it away from the gravy. If it gets gravy on it, then you end up with gravy everywhere when you pick it up to eat it and run the risk of looking like you belong up the road. If she's cut the carrots into batons, you can create a decent dam to keep the gravy away though.
It's Sunday Dinner not Grand Designs:p

Last edited:

Back