Sunday 20 September

The date the T20 Blast group stage finishes and as a result, also the date the season finishes for all except the teams in the Blast QF and the Bob Willis Final.

It’ll be the earliest the season will have finished for years - for the majority of counties - in a year where we didn’t start until August due to Covid-19.......

I know times are hard, it just seems to me like a massive trick has been missed.

Still think they could have fitted in semi finals of the Bob Willis by starting earlier (nothing at all to do with Yorkshire missing out as the “worst” group winner ;) ). Not sure why it had to be 1st August

Tbh I think they got the rest of it about right but you’re right it does leave you wanting more

Last edited:
Still think they could have fitted in semi finals of the Bob Willis by starting earlier (nothing at all to do with Yorkshire missing out as the “worst” group winner ;) ). Not sure why it had to be 1st August

Tbh I think they got the rest of it about right but you’re right it does leave you wanting more

They’re playing into early October for the Blast finals as I understand it - history suggests that October is no worse a month than April weather wise (it’s actually a few degrees warmer on average ;)) and so I don’t see why they couldn’t have atleast tacked another couple of weeks onto the season and finished mid-October.

Last edited:
They’re playing into early October for the Blast finals as I understand it - history suggests that October is no worse a month than April weather wise and so I don’t see why they couldn’t have atleast tacked another couple of weeks onto the season and finished mid-October.
To do what though? Couldn’t fit in a double round robin in the Bob Willis in an extra two weeks, and everyone will have still played each other twice in the T20 groups

Back