Summerhouse/Shed

I was just going to post similar, Allotment sheds are meant to be made of old doors, pallets and old window frames cobbled together - only hipster allotment owners by 'summer houses' to put on their allotments.
Totally agree with this but I’m no good at diy/joinery, my dad used to be but he’s getting on now and putting on to him would be a pisstake. Mine if made alone would be an absolute shack not in the slightest way waterproof either. I’m nowhere near a hipster allotment owner either :lol:

Stewart Donald sheds.
How to create a shed from a Sports arena.
A bloke called Methven will come and measure up and explain it all on a flip chart. No piss taking.

During early lockdown I decided to build a shed - the old one was knackered.

It’s a pure “shed “ for patio furniture and bits - 6x6. Built from absolute scratch - pure enjoyment at me own pace. Turned out great.

But bloody hell it was graft !

Anyone ever used any of the plastic shed bases that you fill with gravel?

Mine needs a rebuilt as the previous owner seems to have thrown it down onto soil and it is gradually warping, rotting and falling apart. I was thinking about building my own. Concrete base seems the best, but expensive. Other options are flag stones, flag stones with a hard core layer underneath, or a post and pier system (knock posts in, boards between).

Any tips on the best type to go for?

Anyone ever used any of the plastic shed bases that you fill with gravel?

Mine needs a rebuilt as the previous owner seems to have thrown it down onto soil and it is gradually warping, rotting and falling apart. I was thinking about building my own. Concrete base seems the best, but expensive. Other options are flag stones, flag stones with a hard core layer underneath, or a post and pier system (knock posts in, boards between).

Any tips on the best type to go for?

I dug out the topsoil and laid a black sheet membrane to stop weeds and water.

Just some chip gravel to level up and raise.

100 x 50 treated sw frame and a cross joist. 12.5 mm OSB floor. Built the wall frame 63mm x 38mm cls off the base and finish with t and g timber cladding.

Tried to get smart by building the roof and felt on the ground to lift into place - 2 piece - fuck me it was heavy- would build roof in situ if I did it again.

Excellent entertainment though.

Back