Summerhouse/Shed

gasman

Central Defender
Does anyone have any recommendations for suppliers or installers of the above. I’m looking for something basic about 12 x 8 for the allotment, something I can use to sit/make tea in etc.
Someone has mentioned Sheds direct Sunderland, has anyone dealt with these before?

Does anyone have any recommendations for suppliers or installers of the above. I’m looking for something basic about 12 x 8 for the allotment, something I can use to sit/make tea in etc.
Someone has mentioned Sheds direct Sunderland, has anyone dealt with these before?

i just got my 7 x 5 pent shed from these Guys a week ago whilst it was abit pricey than some the quality is spot on no gaps nice thick wood (boom)

Northerngarden sheds make them with 22mm t&g. You wont find anyone round here who uses that quality wood, trust me i looked. Well recommend.

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks for the feedback. I’ll get on to emailing these today.
Another recommendation for Northern Garden Sheds. I'm sat in my summerhouse working from home as I type this. Beautiful. If i was a master of the dark arts, I'd post a pic.
That’s what mine will be used for too tbh, ‘working from allotment’ will be canny in the teams meetings :)

Looking at the feedback on here and online I’m going with Northern Garden Sheds, the pics online look excellent, really well made. I’ve rang and they’re on holiday until the 21st so I’ll call down then. Cheers

Looking at the feedback on here and online I’m going with Northern Garden Sheds, the pics online look excellent, really well made. I’ve rang and they’re on holiday until the 21st so I’ll call down then. Cheers

Good choice mate. They've got a yard down on the river tyne near b&q where you can have a look at them first. Saying that like, not sure what the craic is with visiting them at the minute. Either way, you'll be happy.

What sort of prices are you looking at for these ones from Sunderland direct or northern.
Are the sides pre-built and just minor assembly or a pre-sawn but have to fully assemble kit?

What sort of prices are you looking at for these ones from Sunderland direct or northern.
Are the sides pre-built and just minor assembly or a pre-sawn but have to fully assemble kit?
Northern Garden Sheds- Pre built on their site, then minor assembly on your own site, only pre cursor they dont do the bases.

Tim

Built my own - shiplap/log cabin from Ayres Quay, a very satisfying exercise 4m x 2.5m (with a 2m veranda/platform running the length of the front to sit out on)
Level the ground, put old flagstones as piers - let them settle for a bit (you can weatherproof the planks if necessary during this time), lay the floor with scaffolding boards on the piers also from AQ
Tie the floor in with a 5cm x 5cm perimeter, put verticals in using 5cm x 5cm at corners, door & window positions + other verticals to add stiffness
Attach planks to verticals (its tongue & groove) and you are away, cut planks to size to leave gaps for the windows & shorten front or back verticals for pitched roof.
Cover roof with felt/membrane then nip down to Nor Dem for some box corrugated metal sheeting to use as roofing (they cut it to size and costs about £40-£50).

Built my own - shiplap/log cabin from Ayres Quay, a very satisfying exercise 4m x 2.5m (with a 2m veranda/platform running the length of the front to sit out on)
Level the ground, put old flagstones as piers - let them settle for a bit (you can weatherproof the planks if necessary during this time), lay the floor with scaffolding boards on the piers also from AQ
Tie the floor in with a 5cm x 5cm perimeter, put verticals in using 5cm x 5cm at corners, door & window positions + other verticals to add stiffness
Attach planks to verticals (its tongue & groove) and you are away, cut planks to size to leave gaps for the windows & shorten front or back verticals for pitched roof.
Cover roof with felt/membrane then nip down to Nor Dem for some box corrugated metal sheeting to use as roofing (they cut it to size and costs about £40-£50).
I was just going to post similar, Allotment sheds are meant to be made of old doors, pallets and old window frames cobbled together - only hipster allotment owners by 'summer houses' to put on their allotments.

Back