Summer Streets 2022 confirmed

Where's the nearest metro stop to this?
It'll be Seaburn. It's still about a 15/20 minute walk down the main road though
aye seaburn metro. probs 15 walk straight down Sea Road - loads of shops and bars and that down there now.

or jump on the E2 or 18 bus and it'll take 2 minutes
SoL might be a shout. Straight down Roker Baths Road. Do a quick google maps, but I’d guess Seaburn is slightly closer.

When it was on the seaburn rec, we were buying cans from the shop up next to the flying boat. No bother at all. Everyone was doing it. Dunno if rules have changed, as I know vaux are putting up a beer tent this year
Wylam.had a stall that day but the queue stretched from one side of the rec t'other

Some short sets towards the end. Not sure whether there is a curfew but 40 mins for the headliner seems brief.
It’s more of a community gathering than a proper music festival. Designed to be short & snappy? I can only imagine the bands are paid for by various funding too. Not sure how that affects band fees & stuff like, but I’d say it’s all done by design & not curfews, otherwise they’d just start the top 3/4 bands earlier & let them play longer.

Back