Summer Holidays

usually Icmeler or Olu Deniz for us but jyst two of us having a kiddie free week in September...so you recommend it?
Definitely! Been to Fethiye a few times but last year was the first at Jiva and only went cos the reviews are fantastic. It’s not too big, the food is amazing, the staff can’t do enough for you and the rooms are lovely. We had an attic room last time. You can also walk to Calis in 20 mins so you’re not cut off either. You’ll love it.

Definitely! Been to Fethiye a few times but last year was the first at Jiva and only went cos the reviews are fantastic. It’s not too big, the food is amazing, the staff can’t do enough for you and the rooms are lovely. We had an attic room last time. You can also walk to Calis in 20 mins so you’re not cut off either. You’ll love it.
we have an attic room in September....thanks for the info...cant wait!

Tenerife (near the massive water park) 11 nights in June, 4 adults, 3 kids, All-in £3579.

Was going to Tunisia but the wife shit her pants after reading a couple of dodgy reviews :lol::oops:

Would you change your name. Kent- Mackem would might be a bit of a clue for them.

South of France for me.

I'm not sure. I didn't change it when I moved from Kent to Cambs in 2003.

Other than a work trip to Nice I have never been to the South of France. I've heard it is lovely though. I was put off by the idea of lots of (English) tourists. Are there quieter parts?

I'm not sure. I didn't change it when I moved from Kent to Cambs in 2003.

Other than a work trip to Nice I have never been to the South of France. I've heard it is lovely though. I was put off by the idea of lots of (English) tourists. Are there quieter parts?

Well we are camping normally, but a sort of apartment this year. So its a fairly quite area, though very popular with cyclists. But it is popular with brits. Campers and caravaners type people. The weather is quite reliable, but occationally gets a bit windy. Mistrall. We don't do sightseeing. Though if you do Orange and Carpentras (medium sized towns) and Avignon, Small city and very historic are nearby. So if you want no brits or cyclists, steer clear.

We've looked at this place a few times but never been. It looked a bit remote
It’s not remote. Like I said, it’s a nice stroll into Calis or you can get a dolmus from outside the hotel. You should go it’s worth it.

The staff are by far the best I’ve experienced in Turkey.

we have an attic room in September....thanks for the info...cant wait!
Attic rooms have a nice private balcony ...... it’s only 3 floors high anyway. I was happy with my room but after seeing the swim up rooms I wanted one :D

Last edited:
Whereabouts was that for?

We've booked up for all-inclusive in Tunisia at the end of August.
Splashworld Venus Beach
We booked it for the kids mainly as it looks like there's loads for them to do; however the TripAdvisor reviews seem to be pretty poor recently. Either great or shit depending on the room you get and everybody seems to kick off about the state of the food hygiene. It also seems that the hotel needs a bit of tarting up. So we're going to Tenerife instead; at least we know what the place we're staying actually looks like in the flesh.

Maybe she'll be more adventurous next time :lol:

Last edited:
Middle East in February
Week away golfing in Portugal in May
Isle of Wight in June
Northern India in November

Live for holidays

Some people heading to cool places this year.

I've got Center Parcs in May for the father-in-laws 60th, Ithaka in June, Kefalonia in September and then South Africa in November. Plus two visits to Amsterdam on stags.....

Back