Suggs NDOYT

Jenny Bond in Kings Cross Underground.

So I’ve told this tale before on here. Our lass (no) was travelling on business and got an upgrade to the posh lounge at Heathrow. She was just sitting in the seats with her complimentary champagne when a friendly northern voice piped up next to her to strike up a conversation. It was Mel B out of the Spice Girls. She was perfectly pleasant, but quite obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. At one point she mentioned how her kids were at the same school as the children of an African president (Paul Kagame of Rwanda IIRC) and she’d been invited to spend Christmas at his presidential palace. Our lass said “Er, I think he’s currently under investigation for crimes against humanity, you might want to give that invite a swerve” and Mel said “Oh, right...”

Months later Mel B gave an interview about how she considered going to Paul Kagame’s for Christmas but “was advised” that wouldn’t be a good idea given his current circumstances. They made it sound like she had People who were looking into things and Advising her on her decisions, not some random she happened to sit down next to in the f***ing departures lounge...

So I’ve told this tale before on here. Our lass (no) was travelling on business and got an upgrade to the posh lounge at Heathrow. She was just sitting in the seats with her complimentary champagne when a friendly northern voice piped up next to her to strike up a conversation. It was Mel B out of the Spice Girls. She was perfectly pleasant, but quite obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. At one point she mentioned how her kids were at the same school as the children of an African president (Paul Kagame of Rwanda IIRC) and she’d been invited to spend Christmas at his presidential palace. Our lass said “Er, I think he’s currently under investigation for crimes against humanity, you might want to give that invite a swerve” and Mel said “Oh, right...”

Months later Mel B gave an interview about how she considered going to Paul Kagame’s for Christmas but “was advised” that wouldn’t be a good idea given his current circumstances. They made it sound like she had People who were looking into things and Advising her on her decisions, not some random she happened to sit down next to in the f***ing departures lounge...

:lol: f***ing hell.

i presumed this was a chris akabusi story when i started... imagine my disappointment...

Boo selecta

(Good story btw)

I said “areet Ian” to Ian Brown when he walked past me. He winked at me and gave me a thumbs up. Then I nearly got knocked over by David Beckham in his Range Rover. I also saw Jack Whitehall and Ben Fogle (not together) out for a run.

All this happened on the same street a few weeks apart.
Sesame?

I said “areet Ian” to Ian Brown when he walked past me. He winked at me and gave me a thumbs up. Then I nearly got knocked over by David Beckham in his Range Rover. I also saw Jack Whitehall and Ben Fogle (not together) out for a run.

All this happened on the same street a few weeks apart.

Within the space of about half an hour I once spotted Jude Law walking into a theatre (stage door), Dot Cotton and Mary the punk at a nearby cafe, whilst Jerry Hall and Chris Cowie (meh) strolled by and then a little late Noel Fielding walking across the road.

About an hour after that I had to explain to Mrs Kaplan who Robert Wyatt was as we walked past him at a pelican crossing

The pelican wasn’t famous.

Back