Suggest a good walk

Ouston and Urpeth Ramble.

Once you get through High Urpeth, you drop down into a big hollow. You can't hear any traffic noise or anything and there's just woods, fields and a stream. It's utter bliss! Plenty of wildlife to spot on the way including the occasional deer or red kites.

The leaflet has gone off the local website, but I can draw the route on a map if you're interested.

Park in Dalton le dale ,walk out south uphill towards hawthorn onto A182 ,follow lane down side of pemberton arms towards Sea,take a right before reaching a182 again and head over hill past tower to start of hawthorns woods and dene.Head through Dene ,cross east coast mainline and down onto Beach .Walk along beach and back up into Dene under rail bridge .Follow your way back or pop to Stapleton arms for a pint
if you fancy it i'll tell you where the hidden war bunker is

Park in Dalton le dale ,walk out south uphill towards hawthorn onto A182 ,follow lane down side of pemberton arms towards Sea,take a right before reaching a182 again and head over hill past tower to start of hawthorns woods and dene.Head through Dene ,cross east coast mainline and down onto Beach .Walk along beach and back up into Dene under rail bridge .Follow your way back or pop to Stapleton arms for a pint
if you fancy it i'll tell you where the hidden war bunker is
Gan on then....

Castle Eden Dene is stunning (and bloody hilly)

Cox green along northern bank trail to A19 bridge (quick pint in the Shipwrights), back along C2C cycle route to Cox green (pint in pub at Teal farm) , follow trail from cox green along north side of river to iron bridge at Fatfield (pint at the Biddick), path down south side of river and finish with a nice pint at Oddfellows at Cox Green.

You can thank me later :cool:

Castle Eden Dene is stunning (and bloody hilly)

Cox green along northern bank trail to A19 bridge (quick pint in the Shipwrights), back along C2C cycle route to Cox green (pint in pub at Teal farm) , follow trail from cox green along north side of river to iron bridge at Fatfield (pint at the Biddick), path down south side of river and finish with a nice pint at Oddfellows at Cox Green.

You can thank me later :cool:
I do this one regularly- through Herrington park, up Penshaw, down opposite side through woods down to the river then follow river west up through Lord Lambtons estate- about 6-7 mile.

Back