Submarine Murder

Court case has begun today.

He pleads not guilty in killing her.

The prosecutor has said that the police have saved Submarine Man's search results from his phone and that on the day he met up with her he searched for videos on 'decapitation', 'girl' and 'pain'. Eight Google search results in total.

It has also been mentioned in court this morning that sperm was found in the underwear he had on when the submarine sank.

And when he was examined police tech people found a tiny blood stain on his nose. The blood was later found out to be hers.
Is that his nickname for his cock?

The prosecutor has said that the police have saved Submarine Man's search results from his phone and that on the day he met up with her he searched for videos on 'decapitation', 'girl' and 'pain'. Eight Google search results in total.

It has also been mentioned in court this morning that sperm was found in the underwear he had on when the submarine sank.

And when he was examined police tech people found a tiny blood stain on his nose. The blood was later found out to be hers.
And now over to @alexander, our Danish correspondent with the latest in the gruesome murder that has the whole of Denmark captivated :)

Could have been from a whale.

Watching the news just now and they have a catch-up of today's precedings in court. It came to light that Kim Wall sent text messages to her boyfriend. Her last four messages to him were :

'I am still alive by the way'.
'But we are going down now'.
'I love you'.

And her final text :

'He has brought coffee and cake'.

Her mam and dad were present in court today. Can't begin to imagine how they must have felt.

I'd say this all sounds straight out of a Department Q novel, but it's too simple as described.

Assad would have thrown this Madsen guy into the harbor by page 30 and the rest of the book would be spent unraveling the conspiracy by which the Mafia/drug traffickers/right-wingers/Illuminati/Newcastle FC set up Madsen. Madsen comes out of the coma he's been in since nearly freezing to death in the harbor on about page 400 and gives them a critical clue while admitting that he did rape her (we don't want to feel too bad about his coma). In the end, it turns out that a Russian or Ukrainian immigrant with a polysyllabic last name (Schlivachenkov or something similar) and sketchy history was hiding on the sub for 3 days prior to the killing, just waiting for Kim Wall - who was working on a story adverse to the Mafia/traffickers/right-wingers/Illuminati/mags.

The highly-trained assassin knocked out Madsen, killed her, and disposed of her body in the harbour before jumping overboard. This is only noticed by Mørck after a complete toenail is found in a bin on the sub, when Madsen has all his toenails intact. Eventually its owner, Schlivachenkov or something similar, is tracked down because Rose coincidentally saw a man missing a toenail wearing flip-flops in a bar a week later. After he escapes her to make it onto another vessel, Assad and Mørck track him, board the boat, and after Mørck is knocked out, Assad ends up throwing the perp overboard in a climatic scene on a dark harbour and saying something opaque about camels just as Mørck regains full consciousness. The book ends ambiguously, as the perp is in the water and swimming away, but is unavoidably in the path of a car ferry departing for Oslo.

Ergo, not guilty. Find Schlivachenkov, and scoop up Mike Ashley too.

Last edited:
I'd say this all sounds straight out of a Department Q novel, but it's too simple as described.

Assad would have thrown this Madsen guy into the harbor by page 30 and the rest of the book would be spent unraveling the conspiracy by which the Mafia/drug traffickers/right-wingers/Illuminati/Newcastle FC set up Madsen. Madsen comes out of the coma he's been in since nearly freezing to death in the harbor on about page 400 and gives them a critical clue while admitting that he did rape her (we don't want to feel too bad about his coma). In the end, it turns out that a Russian or Ukrainian immigrant with a polysyllabic last name (Schlivachenkov or something similar) and sketchy history was hiding on the sub for 3 days prior to the killing, just waiting for Kim Wall - who was working on a story adverse to the Mafia/traffickers/right-wingers/Illuminati/mags.

The highly-trained assassin knocked out Madsen, killed her, and disposed of her body in the harbour before jumping overboard. This is only noticed by Mørck after a complete toenail is found in a bin on the sub, when Madsen has all his toenails intact. Eventually its owner, Schlivachenkov or something similar, is tracked down because Rose coincidentally saw a man missing a toenail wearing flip-flops in a bar a week later. After he escapes her to make it onto another vessel, Assad and Mørck track him, board the boat, and after Mørck is knocked out, Assad ends up throwing the perp overboard in a climatic scene on a dark harbour and saying something opaque about camels just as Mørck regains full consciousness. The book ends ambiguously, as the perp is in the water and swimming away, but is unavoidably in the path of a car ferry departing for Oslo.

Ergo, not guilty. Find Schlivachenkov, and scoop up Mike Ashley too.

In some weird coincidence after the court up-dates on the news earlier on they had a piece on location where they have just begun filming the fourth movie in the series of Department Q.

In the news piece they also mentioned that the first three movies in the series have sold more than two million tickets combined. In DK alone. I knew they were popular but considering how small the country is selling that many tickets is some going.

In some weird coincidence after the court up-dates on the news earlier on they had a piece on location where they have just begun filming the fourth movie in the series of Department Q.

In the news piece they also mentioned that the first three movies in the series have sold more than two million tickets combined. In DK alone. I knew they were popular but considering how small the country is selling that many tickets is some going.

I didn't even know the movies were (being) made, but Department Q is a good series of books, especially the first one (The Keeper of Lost Causes, apparently Kvinden i buret in Danish - which is a rather direct title!). That book gave me the creeps for weeks.

Back