Sub 2 hour marathon attempt

Completely agree, I remember being able to run dead easy in the gym, long distances no problem.

That jump to trying it outdoors..... tough doesn't even cut it.
Treadmill can be just as challenging , just use the incline button !... Norway produce some great runners and in the winter they often train indoors

There you go....and why physically it might be an amazing achievement it doesn’t interest me at all.
I think on the right day he’s capable of doing it without all the aero aids this attempt uses

Used to run way before injuries made me go to tri’s, duathlons then pure biking :lol:
I used to run, then cycled, now training for alpine climbing...back to running, the programme I’m following is awesome, I’m actually running pain free!

I used to run, then cycled, now training for alpine climbing...back to running, the programme I’m following is awesome, I’m actually running pain free!

Just caused me too many injuries...only did two proper half marathons
Knocked 15 minutes from first to second pb and maybe had more to come ( that’s what I tell myself)

Just swapped feet injuries for back type injuries now that I only cycle :rolleyes:

Just caused me too many injuries...only did two proper half marathons
Knocked 15 minutes from first to second pb and maybe had more to come ( that’s what I tell myself)

Just swapped feet injuries for back type injuries now that I only cycle :rolleyes:
Gan to sr acupuncture and tui na for your back.
I spend a lot of time up big hills and these marathon runners have nothing on fell runners. Different breed.

I am currently planning walking the Bob Graham Round in the Lake District over 5 days. The BGR is run under 24 hours. 66 miles and 27000ft of ascent, and 42 peaks.
I agree, but killian jornet couldn't do a 2 hour marathon.

Gan to sr acupuncture and tui na for your back.

I agree, but killian jornet couldn't do a 2 hour marathon.

Honestly mate I’ve tried everything...MRI scans showed just usual disc degeneration ( though not too serious) just annoying

Acupuncture, chiropractor, expensive bike fits, numerous podiatrists (with pricey orthotics) and enough physio sessions to make me blush.....

Doesn’t stop me riding, just won’t be up to racing, even at my very mediocre level

I’m seeing him sat morn , bastard trying to get an appt with him
I'm there 21st, I have no issues...I'm a good customer though...
Honestly mate I’ve tried everything...MRI scans showed just usual disc degeneration ( though not too serious) just annoying

Acupuncture, chiropractor, expensive bike fits, numerous podiatrists (with pricey orthotics) and enough physio sessions to make me blush.....

Doesn’t stop me riding, just won’t be up to racing, even at my very mediocre level
Have you been to this bloke? 25 quid a session
I'm there 21st, I have no issues...I'm a good customer though...

Have you been to this bloke? 25 quid a session

Last edited:
Mark out 100 metres. Try and run it in 17 seconds. See how knackered you after that one effort. Then imagine doing that 420 times in a row at that pace.
Here man, 100m in 17 seconds is no problem. Do that every day for 420 days and you’ve done it. It doesn’t state they have to be consecutive 100m in the rules does it?

Anyone that has ran a marathon will know how tough the challenge is. For someone to run the distance, even in controlled conditions, in under 2hrs, is hugely impressive.

Back