Styles

No response perhaps speaks volumes
Or maybe we haven't been on here all day :lol:

For what it's worth, I think he works hard and has shown a good touch and ability to move the ball on quickly without having to stop and go backwards.

Like I said, he's not a world beater and if he was our marquee signing in the summer we'll be in serious trouble but he's been decent over the last three games.

Or maybe we haven't been on here all day :lol:

For what it's worth, I think he works hard and has shown a good touch and ability to move the ball on quickly without having to stop and go backwards.

Like I said, he's not a world beater and if he was our marquee signing in the summer we'll be in serious trouble but he's been decent over the last three games.

Was more for someone who’d defended him who’d commented after I’d asked but ignored why they think he’s good enough.

In my opinion, any defence of a player which starts with “he works hard” usually means the player hasn’t got much about them.

Maybes I’m being too harsh on him because he was exactly what we didn’t need in January, and I’m still annoyed by that!

Was more for someone who’d defended him who’d commented after I’d asked but ignored why they think he’s good enough.

In my opinion, any defence of a player which starts with “he works hard” usually means the player hasn’t got much about them.

Maybes I’m being too harsh on him because he was exactly what we didn’t need in January, and I’m still annoyed by that!

Is he better than Evans? No
Is he better than Neil? No
Is he better than Ekwah? No
Is he better than Jobe? No
Is he better than Embleton? No

He can’t tackle. He doesn’t handle the ball well under pressure. He may have made a couple of 5 yard passes but we don’t need some one to do that. People will cite his versatility but he’s been shite at both full back and wing back.

If we sign him it’s a total waste of the apparent limited funds we have.

He can’t tackle. He doesn’t handle the ball well under pressure. He may have made a couple of 5 yard passes but we don’t need some one to do that. People will cite his versatility but he’s been shite at both full back and wing back.

I can’t remember how good embleton or Evans are to be honest. 😬😂 But yes he’s not great and we need to be looking at better tbh, despite him arguably playing his best game for us on Saturday.

@Father Jack Hackett will be delighted to know that styles has a 4.5 Yr deal agreed with SAFC in principle ahead of the summer
Terms might have been agreed, but it doesn't mean we are signing him. He's interviewed somewhere on the internet today and he says he doesn't know what will happen yet. I guess that's what you mean by 'in principal' but it means nowt really. We've had a try before you buy and he really should be sent back.

Last edited:

Yeah, I know what you mean about the "works hard" defence. Like I said, he's no world beater but I think he's been decent the last three games and shown glimpses of ability. I think he's done enough to prove he's not the total no hoper I thought he was after his first few appearances.

And I was exactly the same about thinking he wasn't what we needed in January and I still think that now despite his improved showings as he's shown nothing to show he's a defensive midfielder. I think he was brought in because he can fill in in a number of positions.

All three January signings were horrific and indicative of the terrible decisions the hierarchy have made since January 2023.

Very decent 4th choice left back who doubles up as 6th choice central midfielder and is probably only 3rd choice left wing back when we need to switch to scraping for points against teams like Millwall at home next season

It's in no way as simple as saying is he better than all of those players because I don't actually think he's a direct replacement for any of them. I think he's probably be a player who'd come in when we played with wing backs or wanted an extra body in midfield who covers a lot of ground.

And I totally disagree he's been shit at wing back. Full back, yes, he was horrific. But not wing back.

We’ve been playing at relegation form since the start of 2024, at which point we were in the play off spots!

The players we currently have have been those that have played at relegation form.

We need quality upgrades across the board if we’re going to be serious promotion contenders.

We’ve been playing at relegation form since the start of 2024, at which point we were in the play off spots!

The players we currently have have been those that have played at relegation form.

We need quality upgrades across the board if we’re going to be serious promotion contenders.
January was as bad a transfer window as I can remember. What were they thinking? The two we own can’t get start and this bloke has played in different positions to not a particularly great level.

Agree if funds are that limited why waste a chunk on a player that lets be honest if we stay relatively injury free 😂😂😂 he won't get in at full back and I'd be hoping we are looking at better than him as a midfield signing. I've got a bad feeling we've already signed him though tbh it's got speakman fuck up written all over the signing.

Agree if funds are that limited why waste a chunk on a player that lets be honest if we stay relatively injury free 😂😂😂 he won't get in at full back and I'd be hoping we are looking at better than him as a midfield signing. I've got a bad feeling we've already signed him though tbh it's got speakman fuck up written all over the signing.
Can see it happening, week after the season finishes we’ll announce the automatic double “swoop” of Styles and Burstow 🤮🤮🤮

Back