Style of football

I dont agree that it failed, Ross just didn't use that tactic much.

I remember Scunthorpe at home, we out worked them and pressed them and we had the game won by half time. That for me should have been the blueprint for the season but Ross, for some reason, didn't adopt those tactics again
I never said it failed, what I said was we didn't have the players to continue to use it. The reason being their didn't have the stamina and fitness levels..

Ultimately I agree it became an 'Ainsley Harriott' style. As in "Hmmm... what have I got in the bag? Well, I've got this, this and this. What kind of meal can I make out of those?"

Hopefully this takeover is sorted soon.
Hopefully we then have a focussed, coherent transfer plan.
Hopefully Ross can stop having to be Harriott.

Meanwhile... half a tomato, quarter of an onion, two carrots and some grated cheese. Thoughts?

Ultimately I agree it became an 'Ainsley Harriott' style. As in "Hmmm... what have I got in the bag? Well, I've got this, this and this. What kind of meal can I make out of those?"

Hopefully this takeover is sorted soon.
Hopefully we then have a focussed, coherent transfer plan.
Hopefully Ross can stop having to be Harriott.

Meanwhile... half a tomato, quarter of an onion, two carrots and some grated cheese. Thoughts?
Agree..and just gan to Nando's ;)

One of the biggest problems we have is grigg and wyke are not good enough to play up front as lone striker. If we play both we get over run in midfield. Then we try to play on the counter attack with no pace . After watching so many shite teams this season just pass the ball straight out of play ,you would think we would be able to play possession football and keep the ball . But ut we look no better than the dross we play against . It is so frustrating , seems like no plan A or B
They are good enough to play alone. They've spent their careers doing that, to a good degree of success before playing for us.

When neutrals watch us they're normally amazed by how poor our style of play is and how shite we are.

Go one up and sit back. If it's like that again this year I'll not be at many games. I can live with the fact that we're in League One but I can't stomach playing like we're the underdogs almost every f***ing game. I'll give him 5 games into the new season and if nothing changes I'll find something else to do until he's gone.

Spot on. We showed too much respect all season. We need a bit of arrogance. We are Sunderland, this is beneath us. We need to start believing this instead accepting our lot.

Exactly what footballing philosophy does the manager subscribe to? From what I've seen we don't press very well, we're not possession based, we're too slow to play counter attack, don't do long ball well, don't get crosses into the box for a big man. Does he simply see who is fit then slot them into a formation? The team obviously a work in progress but far from impressed thus far
Draws

The most enjoyable game of last season for me was 5-4 against Coventry because we attacked constantly. Although we got beat it was a great game. It was also the only game I can remember, the rest were boring, ponderous, torrid affairs.

The manager is a coward. We need a manager at the club that will grab the team by the scruff on the neck and get the club on the front foot in games. We played the majority of games in League One playing to nick games by the odd goal, it’s painful to watch.

They are good enough to play alone. They've spent their careers doing that, to a good degree of success before playing for us.
Have you seen either one of them hold the ball up and play someone in all season? My head is hurting trying so hard to think of one moment. Minimum striker needs to do is be first to ball and hold it up never seen it since maja left

Back