Stuck in traffic

Also the day when the Metro centre and that flooded in 2012. I had an after school club just south of Ashington and had to get back to south east Durham. Ended up getting back in the house well after 8pm when I left the school at 4.15pm, brutal.

That day about 5-6 years back when the sky fell in on Newcastle. Had been to visit my mam at the RVI.
It took 10 hours to get back to Seaham from Newcastle.

wasnt just Newcastle affected that day, took me about 7 hours to get back from Boro.

I normally use the x9/10 busses from Boro to Seaham/Peterlee. As the a19 was well and truly broken, I decided to get the Train home. Was feeling like a right smug get, until the train got to Hartlepool, where we were informed that the rain had caused a ton of subsidance just before Seaham, so the train would now divert via the main line :lol:

Train went all the back towards Stockton, then off to Eaglescliffe, up onto the main line and into Newcastle via Durham. Got into Newcastle and it was like that scene at the beginning of World War Z. Then tried to get the metro back to Sunderland - which I remember us all getting kicked off at Felling, and told to wait for the next one. Which, for about 3 hours they were all full and couldn't get on.

Eventually got into Sunderland about 7 hours after I left work in Boro.

Bout 9 hours queuing to get into pheonix festival in 1996. Missed seeing david bowie. Luckily i wasnt driving so got pissed and kipped a bit

Looks about right. I remember not finding out what had actually happened until I got home & them saying the pilot was trying to make an emergency landing at East Midlands airport.
That's the one where the daft sod turned the wrong engine off.

Back