Stuck in traffic

:lol:A mate was down on his luck a couple of yearback n I convinced him he needed a night on the piss at Exeter where I had a meeting the next day.....

Massive pileup on the m1, so bad that the tarmac had been burnt off the road!:eek: Took 11 hours, managed a couple of pints when we got there!:lol:

About the same time there was a pileup on the a19 one friday night, someone died near easington services iirc.

Our lass was stuck in it so I got my dad to take me to hetton and I walked up n down miles of stationary cars with some bait and a flask for her (legend me like). Then I gets a call that shes been let out, gave them to some cockney contractors in a transit who gave me a can of carling in exchange.:)

Anyone know what occured up castle eden last night? All access shut off for hours.

98ish on the M25, in a previous job.

Was heading to some god forsaken place in East London that I didn’t particularly want to go to.

7 hr hold up meant I didn’t have to. Polis closed all slip Rds so couldn’t get off. Was horrendous. Was even worse for the teachers with a coach load of kids in front.

Must be a right stress if you are on the way to some sort of fixed deadline thing like a flight. Family of four, missed flights, must cost a packet to reschedule it. Deserve it if you have school age bairns and a holiday outside of term time :lol::lol:

What's the longest you've went without moving a inch? Just spent 3 hours stuck on a19 tonight just south of Middlesbrough while the emergency services dealt with a lorry fire.

Hardly like it's the middle of summer either when you can get out and stretch your legs in the nice weather. Surprising how just sitting there doing nowt can mentally drain you:lol:

Thankfully no one looks to be seriously hurt.

about 3 hours on the A69 last year during 'The Beast from the East'. Thought I was gonna have an all nighter tbh and was getting a bit concerned. they managed to get a jack knifed lorry out the way thank fk.

worst conditions I've ever seen.

Around 12 hours in North Vietnam, was on the sleeper bus from site, bus came to a standstill around 11:30pm, didn't start moving till noon the next day. Was caused by an accident, that was cleared, but drivers had then gone to sleep in their cars, a section started moving in the morning, but then a truck broke down, then it was a free for all to get a round it, which in normal Vietnamese fashion, it came to a stand still again, while it was sorted out.

2 years ago around Xmas, shopping at Metrocentre, only space was Debenhams Roof and it tooks us just over 2 hrs to get out

Somewhere on the A1 in Cambridgeshire when I was a teenager. That was a hot sunny day. A lorry had caught fire and managed to pull over and set a field of wheat on fire. They closed the A1 while they put the fire out so people had deck chairs out and bairns were playing with bats and balls and stuff on the hard shoulder.

We had the caravan then. My Mam made sandwiches and we had a picnic while we were waiting.
Sounds like a jolly good day was had by all!

M6 in the 1880s used to be locked for hours. Remember six hours once. The trains to london from Manchester took four hours minamum and all and always broke down at watford. Bloody awful times.
Would've thought the M6 would be well quiet in the 1880s, couple of blokes waving flags in front of a couple of cars, gridlock:lol:

Last edited:
What's the longest you've went without moving a inch? Just spent 3 hours stuck on a19 tonight just south of Middlesbrough while the emergency services dealt with a lorry fire.

Hardly like it's the middle of summer either when you can get out and stretch your legs in the nice weather. Surprising how just sitting there doing nowt can mentally drain you:lol:

Thankfully no one looks to be seriously hurt.
I spend 5 hours just south of Wetherby a few years ago when a HGV tipped on the A1 and blocked the entire motorway.

I'd just driven up from London with no trouble in around 4 hours then that :(

That day about 5-6 years back when the sky fell in on Newcastle. Had been to visit my mam at the RVI.
It took 10 hours to get back to Seaham from Newcastle.
This ^

I pulled over, went to the pub and lost £140 on a bandit. Got in and had blazing row with the wife (no) and slept in the huffy bed. There was a match on the telly that night, maybe champions league so she had assumed I'd went out to watch that

Coming along past Gateshead Stadium and people had literally abondoned their cars in the middle of the road which wasn't helping the traffic. At least they might have got home for their tea, albeit a little bit late

Was a good day that!

Back