Strictly shows why public referendum on Brexit was insane

The sex of the person in question makes no odds to me. I think however we can all agree on the bell end reference

Of course, I wasn't attaching anything important to my suspicions, potentially at least it merely adds another element to the bullshit she/he spouts. I couldn't give a toss either way. :)

Just shows how pathetic and thick the British public is and why they shouldn't be trusted to vote on anything important they are incapable of voting objectively.
This. I won't be surprised to see the general elections changed in future to telephone voting based on the party leaders' performances on the live TV leadership debates. That's in effect what it is becoming now anyway.

Cameron has a lot to answer for. Gave a crucially important vote to an uninformed, angry and misled general public. Then he threw in his cards and strolled off into Millionaires' Sunset with his minted wife, without a care in the world.

Erm they didn't vote for her to be in the bottom 2, they just didn't vote for her full stop. She's an American, she's not "one of our own" so to speak = not as much love for her as our own folks.

I said I said that's Ashley Peacock you're thinking of fella :lol:.
That’s the problem with any election.
The couldn’t be bothereds win every time

Stacy is my favourite mind.

Cameron has a lot to answer for. Gave a crucially important vote to an uninformed, angry and misled general public. Then he threw in his cards and strolled off into Millionaires' Sunset with his minted wife, without a care in the world.

At least he isn’t a thick member of the public then! He played a blinder on a personal level.

Massive stereotyping!

Selfish doesn't need to be extreme to be present. For example...

Mr Jones has a very well paid job, wife doesn't need to work, 3 kids go to private school, two big inheritances will pay off their large mortgage when the next generation pops off. Healthy pension, stocks and shares, private healthcare. It suits Mr Jones to vote Tory. It means he and his family will continue to prosper. My Jones doesn't care about the poor or those in need because he never sees them. They live in the next village and they can fecking stay there.

Mr Smith lives in the next village along. He and his wife have both worked all their lives on minimum wage or close to it. They rely on free school meals for their child, who goes to the nearest school. It is struggling because schools are rated on the results of the pupils. The funding is, in effect, reduced each year due to increased numbers of pupils. All the pupils from privileged families went to the fee-paying school along with Mr Jones' three kids. They're all doing fantastically well funnily enough. However this village school used to have decent teachers. Some left for more money, others quit due to stress of OFSTED constantly shaming the school for doing its best with the now under-achieving children of the "under class". Mr Smith's wife relied on NHS funding to treat a mental illness condition. The funding has been scrapped. Mr Smith came home to tell his wife that his local authority job is now under threat, due to government funding being cut. back. "Austerity - we're all in it together". He has also been ordered to take 3 days of unpaid leave over Christmas as a short-term (but ultimately doomed) tactical fix. Mr Smith doesn't vote Tory because they will screw his family even more. As such Mr Smith will never vote Tory therefore the Tory candidate doesn't care about the Mr Smiths of this country.

Mr Wilson also lives in the same village as Mr Jones. Mr Wilson has a very well paid job too. However he does not agree with the concept that a good education is only deserved by the privileged. Mr Wilson strongly believes all children in the country should have a good education without he need to pay for it. His children go the state school and Mr Wilson spends time with them each evening with their homework and helping them understand the subjects they learned at school that day. He also helps out at school by running interesting after-school clubs. Mr Wilson would be better off under a Tory government but he has a conscience. He sees how the likes of Mr Smith struggle under Tory governance and can't bring himself to vote for them.

Tory policy suits those that will continue to vote Tory: the rich, many pensioners and the majority of agricultural areas. They vote Tory because the policies suit them and make them richer at the expense of the poor. That by definition is selfish.

Show me a genuine Tory who gives the slightest shit for the poor. The theee examples above are to the exact detail real people who I know well.

Back