Strictly official 2022 thread 💃🕺

Terry is back again, on bbc4 at the moment... comedy gerld... the north east v the home counties anarl! haway the local lads & lasses...

Saw this and watched some of it. It looked old and I didn't stay long.
Odd seeing the audience sitting 'pitchside' at tables lighting up their tabs :lol:
Also Motsi and WT would have a wobbler at the scoring. 5s !!

Terry is back again, on bbc4 at the moment... comedy gerld... the north east v the home counties anarl! haway the local lads & lasses...

Just watched that on iPlayer.
I couldn't believe the ages of the dancers, some only teenagers, they looked a lot older. One couple dancing were 22 and 23. The Mrs laughed and said they look at least early 40s. The hairstyles, costumes and makeup seriously aged them.
As an aside one couple were married and called Clifton. The wife looked them up and they were the then young parents of Karen and Kevin Clifton of Strictly. I wonder if we'll see Len, Shirley or even Bruno in coming weeks?

Saw this and watched some of it. It looked old and I didn't stay long
10mins is all i can stand, but its comedy gold seeing what the 70s offered up... especially compared to now. once they brought on the "disco round" (think a bad 70s sitcom) i was done... :lol:
I couldn't believe the ages of the dancers, some only teenagers, they looked a lot older.
its a reminder, that when people say the 70s aged people - it fcuking well did! a lot of it is the hair & makeup is from a generation or three before - but you can tell they're just teenagers who look like my granny would have when she went to the nebburn tea & dance back in the day... :lol:

im guessing though, that this is the kind of thing that shirley (& Len!) would have started their careers amongst.

Last edited:

Back