Strictly Come Dancing 2018

I watched strictly for the entertainment factor.......and have to say irrespective of the winning pair and my own views on that! I was entertained throughout, therefore it has met it's objective. We are all never going to like the same things or

agree the same things. It would be a puerile and sterile world if we did. All the way through the series, the ball was with us the viewing public, with the ultimate sanction don't need to watch, switch the channel or turn off the TV.

This thread throughout has been a brilliant thread, no political claptrap intruding, no ranting or degenerating of posters, until right at the death. While the end has come, it surely does not mean that the thread needs to become like all the

others a battlefield.

Irrespective of how the winners were chosen and fix or not, it has been decided, whether we like it (the result) or not it is done. Bring on Strictly next year, this has been a thread which I have really enjoyed reading and partaking in and a TV

show, that kept me thoroughly entertained and that I enjoyed no end. The result can be argued until the cows come home, it will change nothing.

Looking forward to the next series, perhaps they run two shows alongside each other one for those who have had dance training and one for total novices. run on different nights bet both shows would get good viewing! Have a word

@BoldonBlackCat, could make a few bob from an idea! Faye did incredibly well, but I thought all the others did well also. The dancers did themselves the show and us proud. @Amber to star in the next show, she will bring some extra class! :lol::lol:
This.
Ive come back to this thread from last night and found multi pages of poltics and argument !
After 3 month and 250 pages of good chat and gentle bitching, it's just unnecessary amd spoils the nature of the thread.

So to keep it light, here's one last HawayTheFaye and a Boo Witchytits!

Medication often helps until you can get an appointment for talking therapy mate. :)

I agree about the better dancing but I’d find it impossible to deny Stacey (sigh) anything. And despite what people are saying I’m pleased for Kevin. He’s a true artist and it’s not his fault they all his mates swept him away. Good to see that his ex thinks so much of him that she was the first to rush over.

Jeez im such a f***ing puff when strictly’s on I embarrass myself. :)

great post !

Because neither Faye or Ashley had any training of Samba,Charleston, Waltz etc.. They had training i guess in what a pop band should dance like.

yes but they did have a head start in terms of " musicality" and probably acting too.....as did Danny.... not that it helped him.
I totally agree that Faye and Ashley were the most accomplished dancers and also that Stacey probably deserved to win even though she wasn't at her best last night.

The competition should be about the best dancer. Faye and Ashley were streets ahead.

It's always the same on these public voting shows, whether it be BGT, I'm a celebrity, X factor......Also even Big Brother in that the most entertaining housemate never wins ! How the bell that young guy , who didn't know if he was gay or not,won I'll never know

Last edited:
This.
Ive come back to this thread from last night and found multi pages of poltics and argument !
After 3 month and 250 pages of good chat and gentle bitching, it's just unnecessary amd spoils the nature of the thread.

Tbf it's one cock end. Started to warm to witchytits by the end.

Also, love that my phone brings up witchytits as an option.

A bit more than that. Ashley was originally employed by the pussycat dolls as a dancer they started out as a dance troupe, not singers. She studied dance after high school she's effectively a pro dancer.

Faye has had dance training as well and appeared in stage musicals. She's been dancing all her adult life. The public knew this so they were never going to get the votes. Same as Mrs Daniels last year she trained in ballet and so ended up in the bottom 2 when she was the best dancer most weeks.

Ashley was the best dancer on the show this year, James Jordan has even said so. While we all wanted Faye to win because of her Sunderland connection it was never going to happen. In a dance contest judged by ex pros she might have got the nod over Ashley. But the final isn't a best dancer wins competition, it's a popularity contest. I thought Stacy would win she's been the best non pro throughout most of the series and likable for the public voters. Again though that's not how it works.

great post

Let me start by saying I wanted Faye to win the glitterball trophy too.....but
Both her and Ashley have had a LOT of previous dance experience where Joe and Stacey had never danced in their lives, the whole essence of the programme from it's start all those years ago now was to take people who hadn't a clue about dancing and ( hopefully ) turn them into accomplished dancers by final time....but over the years it's been hijacked ( for want of a better word ) by some celebrities with dance experience which makes it all a bit unfair for those others who have two left feet.
To put it another way, it's like some football clubs getting 15-21 points start before the season kicks off and the rest don't.
Just my two pennyworth.

Yeah true but usually it is the ones with the least dance experience who will win when push comes to shove. As I said earlier in this thread only 3 contestants from a pop music background have lifted the trophy so the odds were against Ashley and Faye actually winning even though it was clear they would probably make the final after week 2.

A and Faye were the best overall and I hope that both of them will be able to use the skills they now have to further their respective careers. I can definitely see Faye taking that step up from panto to starring in "Chicago" it something similar much like Alexandra Burke and Louise Rednapp have done since they were losing finalists and similarly Ashley doing something like My fair Lady, Annie get your gun etc

It's like in real competitions, ice skating for instance. You see skaters fall over and get higher marks than others who dont fall. It's because their routine was much more difficult and even though they make a mistake they get the higher marks. Ashleys routines, particularly the dirty dancing lift and the stuff she did in the freedance were very impressive.
My favourite dance throughout the years the show has been on was the gymnast Louis Smith and Flavia doing their showdance in the final. I think Ashley Roberts is probably the best dancer I've seen on strictly or taking age into account Debbie Mcgee last year.
Your point earlier that black dancers don't get votes because this country is so racist is bollocks mind. I know you like to WUM on here and that race is one of your favorite stances, but black dancers have won it in the past. Louis Smith for one, Ore Oduba for another.

And Alisha Dixon !

This.

In fairness to Shirley she clearly realised she was in the wrong after with her criticisms of Faye particularly, and has given her nothing but praise since.....and rightly so

Last edited:
great post !

yes but they did have a head start in terms of " musicality" and probably acting too.....as did Danny.... not that it helped him.
I totally agree that Faye and Ashley were the most accomplished dancers and also that Stacey probably deserved to win even though she wasn't at her best last night.

It's always the same on these public voting shows, whether it be BGT, I'm a celebrity, X factor......Also even Big Brother in that the most entertaining housemate never wins ! How the bell that young guy , who didn't know if he was gay or not,won I'll never know
people do not accept the concept of a vote. they want their own way as if their thoughts are correct.

what else does that remind you off

No way anyone voted for Stacey

Most of my friends unfortunately were voting Stacey for weeks.

The bairn wanted Faye to win just because "her ponytail twirling bit was the best" - the solution basically is to give all 6 year old girls all the voting rights so things are assessed on number of sequins, twirlyness of frock and twirlyness of ponytail apparently.

I watched strictly for the entertainment factor.......and have to say irrespective of the winning pair and my own views on that! I was entertained throughout, therefore it has met it's objective. We are all never going to like the same things or

agree the same things. It would be a puerile and sterile world if we did. All the way through the series, the ball was with us the viewing public, with the ultimate sanction don't need to watch, switch the channel or turn off the TV.

This thread throughout has been a brilliant thread, no political claptrap intruding, no ranting or degenerating of posters, until right at the death. While the end has come, it surely does not mean that the thread needs to become like all the

others a battlefield.

Irrespective of how the winners were chosen and fix or not, it has been decided, whether we like it (the result) or not it is done. Bring on Strictly next year, this has been a thread which I have really enjoyed reading and partaking in and a TV

show, that kept me thoroughly entertained and that I enjoyed no end. The result can be argued until the cows come home, it will change nothing.

Looking forward to the next series, perhaps they run two shows alongside each other one for those who have had dance training and one for total novices. run on different nights bet both shows would get good viewing! Have a word

@BoldonBlackCat, could make a few bob from an idea! Faye did incredibly well, but I thought all the others did well also. The dancers did themselves the show and us proud. @Amber to star in the next show, she will bring some extra class! :lol::lol:

Even with a two speed system things would still be relative, in terms of age, fitness, shape, popularity, what they done with their lives.

On balance the winner being the most improved is not a bad objective and we probably got that with Stacey

Back