Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Let me start by saying I wanted Faye to win the glitterball trophy too.....but
Both her and Ashley have had a LOT of previous dance experience where Joe and Stacey had never danced in their lives, the whole essence of the programme from it's start all those years ago now was to take people who hadn't a clue about dancing and ( hopefully ) turn them into accomplished dancers by final time....but over the years it's been hijacked ( for want of a better word ) by some celebrities with dance experience which makes it all a bit unfair for those others who have two left feet.
To put it another way, it's like some football clubs getting 15-21 points start before the season kicks off and the rest don't.
Just my two pennyworth.

On the other hand; it’s light entertainment.

The racist P word. Everyone seems to have forgotten Anton's racism.
When partnered with a brown lass it's best not to shout out "you look like a p**i!" :eek::oops:

To be fair, his presenting job went down the bog and rumours he was replacing Forsyth got flushed anarl.

From then on he got partnered with oldies and fatties.

The mills of God grind slow but true.

Her tempo and difficulty of lifts was far better than Faye who stayed safe.
It's like in real competitions, ice skating for instance. You see skaters fall over and get higher marks than others who dont fall. It's because their routine was much more difficult and even though they make a mistake they get the higher marks. Ashleys routines, particularly the dirty dancing lift and the stuff she did in the freedance were very impressive.
My favourite dance throughout the years the show has been on was the gymnast Louis Smith and Flavia doing their showdance in the final. I think Ashley Roberts is probably the best dancer I've seen on strictly or taking age into account Debbie Mcgee last year.
Your point earlier that black dancers don't get votes because this country is so racist is bollocks mind. I know you like to WUM on here and that race is one of your favorite stances, but black dancers have won it in the past. Louis Smith for one, Ore Oduba for another.

It's like in real competitions, ice skating for instance. You see skaters fall over and get higher marks than others who dont fall. It's because their routine was much more difficult and even though they make a mistake they get the higher marks. Ashleys routines, particularly the dirty dancing lift and the stuff she did in the freedance were very impressive.
My favourite dance throughout the years the show has been on was the gymnast Louis Smith and Flavia doing their showdance in the final. I think Ashley Roberts is probably the best dancer I've seen on strictly or taking age into account Debbie Mcgee last year.
Your point earlier that black dancers don't get votes because this country is so racist is bollocks mind. I know you like to WUM on here and that race is one of your favorite stances, but black dancers have won it in the past. Louis Smith for one, Ore Oduba for another.

I think we are in very real danger of analysing to the nth degree and because of that race and nationality are brought to the fore

at the start of this competition a dancer said he would get voted off in the first dance as a black person always did.

was that true. was it, something said in order to raise a part of the community to vote for him.

It has been mentioned that staceys accent is very strong. she is from luton and not east end of London. was that of the same theme to get the cockney votes.

same as the support for faye, certainly from Sunderland area, so does it now form part of voting strategy. We hear this often.

So when that is done, is it therefore promoting a form of partitioning the viewers watching and is it provoking thought

as for the dancers argument, I read a piece the other day, that knowledge of dancing could be a massive hindrance and that it particulary affected danny Jules. as there is a difference to being a stage dancer as opposed to ballroom. The restrictions of the ballroom etiquette count against a stage dancer.

I watched the start of a football coverage yesterday and a certain Welshman said that those voting Brexit were racist. first of all, how does he know why a person voted, he certainly has not asked me nor has he asked me why I voted in one direction or the other.

he is a retired footballer, he is there to talk about football. perfected entitled to talk about the comments made to Raheem at Chelsea, which whether racist or abuse was still unacceptable.

Ive said before that some people think it is perfectly acceptable to shout abuse / swear and act aggresively at players especially when they go to collect a ball to take a throw in.

watch todays game at Annfield

we are forgetting strictly is an entertainment show and it should be treated as such without attempts at correctly or incorrectly trying to analyse why people voted the way they did

Same with football, I don't want to see or hear abusive comments made to opposing players just because they go to collect a ball for a thrown in or corner. It is a game.

Went to bed about 7ish I think, Jesus I’m in pain now. Can’t see straight, will be back later to process everything when I’m not still drunk :confused:
Well played to you and the better half. Some night out that.

Tell her we are all amazingly proud of her efforts and the three perfect scores in the final were undermarked.

Ahhhh Stumpy. It's patter like this that makes Remainers cringe every time you post.

This is an entertainment thread, nowt to do with politics.

Be a good lad and fuck off

Kind of response I expect from an ignoramus with one brain cell.

Poorly head this morning, mind. Was worth staying up to watch it.

Still can't get over how good faye was last night. Bring on the tour.

Total sycophant!!!

Mebbes the Luton Town message board teamed up with Tommy Robinson, the EDL, UKIP & the Muslim Council of Britain to organise a mass voting blast for the Dooley lass?

We just operate in our tiny little bubble here.

I watched strictly for the entertainment factor.......and have to say irrespective of the winning pair and my own views on that! I was entertained throughout, therefore it has met it's objective. We are all never going to like the same things or

agree the same things. It would be a puerile and sterile world if we did. All the way through the series, the ball was with us the viewing public, with the ultimate sanction don't need to watch, switch the channel or turn off the TV.

This thread throughout has been a brilliant thread, no political claptrap intruding, no ranting or degenerating of posters, until right at the death. While the end has come, it surely does not mean that the thread needs to become like all the

others a battlefield.

Irrespective of how the winners were chosen and fix or not, it has been decided, whether we like it (the result) or not it is done. Bring on Strictly next year, this has been a thread which I have really enjoyed reading and partaking in and a TV

show, that kept me thoroughly entertained and that I enjoyed no end. The result can be argued until the cows come home, it will change nothing.

Looking forward to the next series, perhaps they run two shows alongside each other one for those who have had dance training and one for total novices. run on different nights bet both shows would get good viewing! Have a word

@BoldonBlackCat, could make a few bob from an idea! Faye did incredibly well, but I thought all the others did well also. The dancers did themselves the show and us proud. @Amber to star in the next show, she will bring some extra class! :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I watched strictly for the entertainment factor.......and have to say irrespective of the winning pair and my own views on that! I was entertained throughout, therefore it has met it's objective. We are all never going to like the same things or

agree the same things. It would be a puerile and sterile world if we did. All the way through the series, the ball was with us the viewing public, with the ultimate sanction don't need to watch, switch the channel or turn off the TV.

This thread throughout has been a brilliant thread, no political claptrap intruding, no ranting or degenerating of posters, until right at the death. While the end has come, it surely does not mean that the thread needs to become like all the

others a battlefield.

Irrespective of how the winners were chosen and fix or not, it has been decided, whether we like it (the result) or not it is done. Bring on Strictly next year, this has been a thread which I have really enjoyed reading and partaking in and a TV

show, that kept me thoroughly entertained and that I enjoyed no end. The result can be argued until the cows come home, it will change nothing.

Looking forward to the next series, perhaps they run two shows alongside each other one for those who have had dance training and one for total novices. run on different nights bet both shows would get good viewing! Have a word

@BoldonBlackCat, could make a few bob from an idea! Faye did incredibly well, but I thought all the others did well also. The dancers did themselves the show and us proud. Finis!
Aye

Back