Strava/Mapmyrun and fitbit

Red

Striker
I'm sick of my phone banging about in my pocket to monitor my runs with Strava/mapmyrun. Ive been having a look at fitbits and the likes, as I'm after something I can wear to log my run as I'm going.

Any recommendations? I'm not looking to spend hundreds as I'm 54 and my peak fitness days are gone, its more to help

I'm sick of my phone banging about in my pocket to monitor my runs with Strava/mapmyrun. Ive been having a look at fitbits and the likes, as I'm after something I can wear to log my run as I'm going.

Any recommendations? I'm not looking to spend hundreds as I'm 54 and my peak fitness days are gone, its more to help

Garmin all the way, the forerunner will meet your requirements I reckon. There’s a range of them, I’ve got the 235 and it's mint.

I bought a Garmin 45 early March, more than happy with it.
It actually inspires you to exercise by the information it stores for you.

This. Got one from work (Lidl) for £50. It tracks steps if I scan on a till but other than that and other erratic arm movements the steps seem fairly bang on
I think mine is a 235 and it’s spot on for what I want, heart rate monitor if I want to use it, can program sessions into it and it tells me how much rest I need, cannot remember how much I paid for it but I’ve had it a good 18 months and no signs of any problems with it

I think mine is a 235 and it’s spot on for what I want, heart rate monitor if I want to use it, can program sessions into it and it tells me how much rest I need, cannot remember how much I paid for it but I’ve had it a good 18 months and no signs of any problems with it

Yeah mines got heart rate, sleep, steps, running, weights, loads factored in that I can transfer to MyFitnessPal. Obviously not fully accurate but even setting a 10k step target on there already has me up and out every day to hit it or at least get near it. The steps have been within a 500-1000 range every day I've been to work on the same shift length so it's not actually too far out I don't think

Back