Strasbourg not taking up option to buy Kone?

:lol:

You just make up stuff you like, he was a major reason why we lost only 4 of our last 17 games

4!!!!!!!

yes he was absolutely shite after that season, but to say he wasn't brilliant in that campaign is laughable
He was never 'brilliant' ffs. He was good, but that's it. His best game by miles was the 3-0 Everton game where he scored 2 and even then Kaboul was the star performer

He had some shocking games which people forget easily - the crucial 3-2 win over Chelsea he was all over the place and got hauled off at 1-2, O'Shea came on and shored us right up.

He'll end up back out on loan. how long's left on his contract?
Two more seasons iirc

i think (but fdont know0 all uk football contracts have a season end of 30 June...so i think he would be ebing paid by strasbourg until then...
Depends on what deal we struck with Strasbourg

When you consider we let Kaboul go for the some total of fuck all, Bain and Moyes FFS
Kaboul asked to leave the club mate

Last edited:
Give him a chance. Just like we have done with every player since the takeover. Many wanted Catts, McGeady, Oviedo gone before this season yet all 3 have been part of our best group of players. Ha'way the Lamine.
Give him a chance ?
You must be kidding,last 3mths he was here he was shocking glad to get rid of the tosser

If he ends up back at the club and we can't shift him, he has to play. He would be the best defender in the league, why on earth wouldn't we want him playing.

I'm sure Kone always trained and played when fit, yes his performances weren't great last season, but neither were McGeady's and we love him

Tbh, he was brilliant under Big Sam and an absolute tank next to Kaboul, they had a class partnership together but then it all went to shit after that season (in many ways).

I doubt we'll see him back in a Sunderland shirt, Could it not be that Strasbourg are just trying to get him cheaper? I'm sure he's played the majority of games for them so it's not like they don't rate him. I expect that if they don't take up the option another club in France will be more than happy to.

He was never 'brilliant' ffs. He was good, but that's it. His best game by miles was the 3-0 Everton game where he scored 2 and even then Kaboul was the star performer

He had some shocking games which people forget easily - the crucial 3-2 win over Chelsea he was all over the place and got hauled off at 1-2, O'Shea came on and shored us right up.

He was in that season you’re talking nonsense.

That’s why we got offered 20 mill

1 game who cares?

People just make stuff up like

Back