Stranger Things

Lack of chat about it on here.

Loved every minute of it. Probably even more than the first series. Shame now have to wait a bastard year for the penultimate one.

Some class 80s movies get referenced

Loved it. Just finished it last night. The casting, atmosphere, pace, script, plot are superb like. I f***ing love it. But I am a sci fi 80's geek like.

Dustin and Hopper are the best things in it like. Steve was mint this series anarl. :lol:

I thought Steve was class this series. TBF his arch nemisis was canny too. Proper bad boy.

Last edited:

Just finished it tonight. Enjoyed it a lot, though it didn't rise to the heights of season one, which I watched compulsively, and which had more punch the air moments.

I was 12 when the eighties started, so it's like jumping into a big warm bath of nostalgia. I had mixed feelings about the episode 7 thing: part of me thought it was a pointless bottle episode which just dragged the pace down, with some terrible acting, but I dunno, I quite admire the Duffers for going balls-out total Eighties on this one, with each character an archetype: the really shit 'punk' who'd get done over by any passing Crass fan, Mr T, the Cyndi Lauper 'alternative' sassy one, and the foxy blaxploitation tough one, all living in this preposterous warehouse. It's like they said fuck it, let's get drunk and think about everything we can throw in. Ditto with the pantomime hair metal Billy - is like they just turned everything up to 11.

Really liked what they did with Steve though, and his transition into exasperated older brother, and mentor to Dustin. Made me laugh a lot.

Will's f***ing weird though, possessed or not, that haircut is Not Of This Earth.

Just finished it tonight. Enjoyed it a lot, though it didn't rise to the heights of season one, which I watched compulsively, and which had more punch the air moments.

I was 12 when the eighties started, so it's like jumping into a big warm bath of nostalgia. I had mixed feelings about the episode 7 thing: part of me thought it was a pointless bottle episode which just dragged the pace down, with some terrible acting, but I dunno, I quite admire the Duffers for going balls-out total Eighties on this one, with each character an archetype: the really shit 'punk' who'd get done over by any passing Crass fan, Mr T, the Cyndi Lauper 'alternative' sassy one, and the foxy blaxploitation tough one, all living in this preposterous warehouse. It's like they said fuck it, let's get drunk and think about everything we can throw in. Ditto with the pantomime hair metal Billy - is like they just turned everything up to 11.

Really liked what they did with Steve though, and his transition into exasperated older brother, and mentor to Dustin. Made me laugh a lot.

Will's f***ing weird though, possessed or not, that haircut is Not Of This Earth.
I think they were testing the water for expanding the world in season 3 or 4.

By itself it was okay, it did ruin the pace of the season though.

2nd season was good, not as good as first, and the ep in the middle where she goes to the city is shite, complete side story which had nout to do with the season

Yeah this was a really poor episode but in the scheme of things it made her understand her talent and family background a bit more, but could have been done in 10 mins not a full episode. However, that being said this really is one quality TV show. The final two episodes are unreal and the acting from the kids, who I think are all 12-13, really is something else. The worst actress is Wynona (SP) Ryder and even she does well in this.

Was happy with how it ended but there is going to be another two series and then it may lose it's 80's novelty and references as they start High School.

That episode will probably be a major plot point of season 3.

There is 9 more kids who were tested on in the lab as we have only met 11 and 8 so I think this will be a key part of the next series.

Last edited:
Maybe if the characters weren't so cartoonish in the Chicago episode
I thought he was going to turn out to be the unlikely hero but he just continued being a mullet wanker.
I got very worried for Steve when the shower scene happened, was half expecting a game of thrones style Ramsey/sansa moment, never have I been so happy to be wrong. But overall the mullet lad just seemed to be a prick to get max over.

Personality transplant was a bit daft imo. I suppose they had a new bad lad so he had to be good.
Wouldn't have made sense to have him as the bad lad given his arc in season 1, glad they didn't go that way.

I thought he was going to turn out to be the unlikely hero but he just continued being a mullet wanker.
He's pretty close to what Steve was going to be in the first season, the Duffers changed Steve's character after casting.

Loved it as much as the first one. Apart from Ep. 7 where the writers seemed to completely forget 11's character traits.

Shame about Sean Astin, feel he could have been a good character to retain, and didn't even get to use his inhaler or even mention One Eyed Willy.
I'm sure he mentioned a pirate ship full of treasure when asking what does the x mean on that kids map thingy

I enjoyed it, but for me it's taking homage way too far. It's almost as if they wrote down a list of 80s films they love on a whiteboard, then worked out what percentage of each they could use in order to make a whole product that has almost no original content. I like a little bit of a cineliteral nod here and there as much as the next man, but after a few episodes i was worn out with them and was virtually rolling my eyes at yet another character or scene or in joke that's just been transplanted lock stock and barrel from something they watched when they were kids

Back