Stranger Things

Bolted together bunch of cliches (Yoda and Luke in the swamp? The lost boys?) to no obvious end.

Eleven with the slicked back hair and mascara man. :lol:

hmm dont remember any of that mind, but the point was the group had done her up like that no? and she ultimately rejected their stuff...

I am (as always) comically late to watching this. 4 episodes in and I can't decide if it's brilliant or utter shite. Winona Ryder is excellent as the crazy mom but not sure about the whole sci-fi/horror aspect - I've never been into either genres......
Just started the first season since people have been going on about it. On the second episode, not convinced yet, but hopefully it gets good soon. Doesn't help that when I'm not sure I'll enjoy something I end up f***ing about on my phone instead of paying attention
Same

I am (as always) comically late to watching this. 4 episodes in and I can't decide if it's brilliant or utter shite. Winona Ryder is excellent as the crazy mom but not sure about the whole sci-fi/horror aspect - I've never been into either genres......

Same
So you're going in with a positive attitude.

Just watching the second series and what the actual fuck is that episode with Eleven and the punks? What on earth were they thinking?

everything has bad episodes, hopefully they made this so bad it gets all the shit out the way at once.

FWIW season 2 in entirety was good but actually the weakest, you just dont notice until you go back and watch all 3 in a weekend.

Well I've just finished watching all 3 seasons and I've thoroughly enjoyed it - season's 1 and 3 were my favourites and Billy is a f***ing hottie (RIP sexpot). Elle is fabulous and hopefully Jim is alive, thought it was a fabulously entertaining show with an excellent soundtrack.
As a woman who was a 10 year old tomboy in 1985, I remember the music and the fashions fondly (loved my puff ball skirt, rara skirt, shellsuits, neon, those bags made of plastic that your pencils used to fall out of and clackers). I was right into Duran Duran, Aha, playing out and making camps and dens / clubs, riding our bikes - all mint and simple enough times when we could actually go out without catching killer f***ing viruses.
Looking forward to season 4 (which is now delayed due to that real life monster Covid 19), I've binge watched all 3 seasons over the last 3 weekends.

Well I've just finished watching all 3 seasons and I've thoroughly enjoyed it - season's 1 and 3 were my favourites and Billy is a f***ing hottie (RIP sexpot). Elle is fabulous and hopefully Jim is alive, thought it was a fabulously entertaining show with an excellent soundtrack.
As a woman who was a 10 year old tomboy in 1985, I remember the music and the fashions fondly (loved my puff ball skirt, rara skirt, shellsuits, neon, those bags made of plastic that your pencils used to fall out of and clackers). I was right into Duran Duran, Aha, playing out and making camps and dens / clubs, riding our bikes - all mint and simple enough times when we could actually go out without catching killer f***ing viruses.
Looking forward to season 4 (which is now delayed due to that real life monster Covid 19), I've binge watched all 3 seasons over the last 3 weekends.
you'll also like I am not ok with this. Trust me

On episode 9 of series 2 and thoroughly enjoying it. I’m a child of the 80’s so appreciate lots of the references. Love the cinematography too. Yes, it’s cheesy, but love it from a nostalgic point of view.
It’s the only show that gets the fashion of the day spot on, in the first couple of series the parents were still in 70’s garb and the kids looked like bags of shite. That was the early 80’s

Back