Stranger Things

I suppose that's possible.

Isn't jumping the shark when a show runner has ran out of decent ideas to keep the audience interested so they use stupid gimmicks to draw people in?
Aye. Or stupid way-out plots cos they can't think of anything better.

Nancy Reagan visiting Diff'rent stokes didn't jump the shark. If she's kidnapped by Soviet commandos as part of the episode it would have.

I suppose that's possible.

Isn't jumping the shark when a show runner has ran out of decent ideas to keep the audience interested so they use stupid gimmicks to draw people in?

It's mainly meant to be the point at which the only way is down for a show. Sometimes that's just because the story has run its course, or because they've taken it in a direction which is such a huge climax that either all stories after that will be a comedown, or they'll try to maintain/top the huge stories and it gets silly. Or they just got silly in the first place and it's no longer the show it was. Sometimes a show gets so big or everyone starts talking about certain characters or aspects, and it's a victim of its own success.

Watched all of series 1 over the weekend, enjoyed it if a little over the top at times (the whole thing is obviously OTT but you get my point). Hopefully Nancy still has a big role to play in the second series...

Back