Stranger Things 4

I really enjoyed it thought it was a brilliant series.

However it wasn't flawless - they could have removed all the Russia stuff all series and it wouldn't have made any real difference imho. Also think the army angle just kinda disappeared - they basically weren't in the final episode at all, after all that build up.

Similarly, the evil jock lad (who was excellent btw, got a young Ray Liotta vibe to him imo, balance between charming and unhinged) whipping up the town into a frenzy never had any real payoff.

I also really think they should have killed one of the *main* characters off, just so that it might actually feel like there are some real, credible stakes in the final season. Hopper staying dead should probably have happened too.

Despite all that, it did really enjoy it and it is on a scale unlike almost any other television show, and thus is brilliant to watch because of it.
The whole 'help the kids 'cos of the hive mind' thing didn't really seem to pan out very well like, must admit.

Just finished it tonight, brilliant. My thoughts on the Russians thing is that it was all part of adding to the 80s nostalgia. I've kept S3 of The Umbrella Accedemy to fill the void.

Just finished it. Bloody brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed it. The CGI must have cost an absolute fortune.

I wonder how they're going to skip a few years ahead for the final season like the Duffer brothers have been talking about to justify the kid's ages...
given that the upside down is now approaching the right way up.

Last edited:
it was spring break, plus half the kids don't go to the school anymore...
Suppose. He lives in Hawkins though and there's been scenes where they've visited him at home. In previous seasons I thought it was quite clever how they used him to explain stuff in lay terms.

Back