Stranger Things 4

Can someone give me a brief pen picture of what this show is about?
Okay.

Think movies like Goonies, Stand by Me, ET, War Games, D.A.R.Y.L, Wolverines, Nightmare On Elm Street… in fact 80s films in general.

The makers ready understand what made those movies tick, their reference points, right down to eerie synth music.

Throw in a decent plot, a few jokes, a good few emotional gut punches, Winona Ryder and a ton of 80s nostalgia and you have Stranger Things series 1-4.

Last edited:
Dustin is starting to look like Adrian Chiles
:lol:
I wonder how they get around the obvious ageing of the cast? It'll be really obvious with the kids
They don't need to. Long tradition of adults playing teens in Hollywood, especially in 80s films. This is just another tip o' the hat to that legacy.

The older kids haven't aged throughout. Eddie was played by a lad who's almost 30.

Last edited:
They don't need to. Long tradition of adults playing teens in Hollywood, especially in 80s films. This is just another tip o' the hat to that legacy.

The older kids haven't aged throughout. Eddie was played by a lad who's almost 30.

Thats a totally different scenario. The next season will likely be at least two years and they'll probably have grown up a lot more, that can't be justified by saying it's the next day/week

I love practical effects

Last edited:
slightly disappointing finale imo , ended up just a set up for the next series without any real consequences ( other than eddie croaking it but he was a new character anyway)

that being said everything leading up to it was fantastic just fell short of brilliant with the ending

slightly disappointing finale imo , ended up just a set up for the next series without any real consequences ( other than eddie croaking it but he was a new character anyway)

that being said everything leading up to it was fantastic just fell short of brilliant with the ending
Losing Eddie was proper gutting man.

Inevitable, but gutting all the same.

Don't think it was disappointing, but I also don't think it was as incredible as other people think. It was almost as if it could have been two episodes but the penultimate one was way better than the final so they put them together. Just tapered off at the end for me.

Eddie smashing out Master of Puppets is the greatest scene ever.

Don't think it was disappointing, but I also don't think it was as incredible as other people think. It was almost as if it could have been two episodes but the penultimate one was way better than the final so they put them together. Just tapered off at the end for me.

Eddie smashing out Master of Puppets is the greatest scene ever.
I think we were all sort of hoping for a conclusion rather than the set-up. It dragged on a little with the Two Days Later part, but there were a few things to address. I think they might go back to shorter episodes for series 5.

Absolutely class, and has made be completely re-assess that song. Ended up listening to the album yesterday. :lol: I'm just gutted he's gone, but there was never really any way out for him.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it thought it was a brilliant series.

However it wasn't flawless - they could have removed all the Russia stuff all series and it wouldn't have made any real difference imho. Also think the army angle just kinda disappeared - they basically weren't in the final episode at all, after all that build up.

Similarly, the evil jock lad (who was excellent btw, got a young Ray Liotta vibe to him imo, balance between charming and unhinged) whipping up the town into a frenzy never had any real payoff.

I also really think they should have killed one of the *main* characters off, just so that it might actually feel like there are some real, credible stakes in the final season. Hopper staying dead should probably have happened too.

Despite all that, it did really enjoy it and it is on a scale unlike almost any other television show, and thus is brilliant to watch because of it.

Back