Strange sporting injuries ...

Tictactom66

Subs Bench
There is no need to cause the lad any further trauma so he will be named throughout as " Harry"
Harry was a tenacious but limited midfielder who played in the Sunderland Sunday leagues during the 80s .
Unfortunately for Harry the 80s were the peak for those horrendous multi coloured polyester football shirts .
On a bitterly cold winter morning Harry played his most memorable game - conditions were so bad with an icy wind blowing in from the North Sea , that during the course of the game three players could not cope with the freezing conditions and simply walked off the pitch .
Harry played on - returned to the dressing room at full time - pulled off his polyester shirt together with one of his nipples .
The entire nipple was sheared off - frozen solid to his shirt.
Thankfully this was long before generation snowflake - Harry bravely refused all offers of counselling and therapy and was out drinking the same night .
Was this a one off ? Or are there a generation of players from the 80s now walking around with only one nipple ?
Does anybody know of any other strange sporting injuries ?

My old training partner got penial frostbite on a 3 day adventure run in New Zealand .... He was trapped in a blizzard for 12 hrs and nearly had to have his knob amputated... Luckily for him it got better....

My old training partner got penial frostbite on a 3 day adventure run in New Zealand .... He was trapped in a blizzard for 12 hrs and nearly had to have his knob amputated... Luckily for him it got better....
I wonder if that subconsciously happened to me, half an inch less and I would have been a woman

Years ago when I worked at the eye infirmary Stephen Fletcher rocked up claiming he looked down his toaster to see how much the bread was toasted and burnt his eyes. That’s a god honest true story I think at the time I posted a thread saying Fletcher was a doubt for the game tomorrow but couldn’t reveal my source.

Did Rio Ferdinand not do his knee ligaments from sitting watching the telly with his leg resting on the coffee table for too long or summat?

Back