Strange sporting injuries ...

Years ago when I worked at the eye infirmary Stephen Fletcher rocked up claiming he looked down his toaster to see how much the bread was toasted and burnt his eyes. That’s a god honest true story I think at the time I posted a thread saying Fletcher was a doubt for the game tomorrow but couldn’t reveal my source.
Sat here giggling to myself after reading that, burnt his eyes ffs :lol:

There is no need to cause the lad any further trauma so he will be named throughout as " Harry"
Harry was a tenacious but limited midfielder who played in the Sunderland Sunday leagues during the 80s .
Unfortunately for Harry the 80s were the peak for those horrendous multi coloured polyester football shirts .
On a bitterly cold winter morning Harry played his most memorable game - conditions were so bad with an icy wind blowing in from the North Sea , that during the course of the game three players could not cope with the freezing conditions and simply walked off the pitch .
Harry played on - returned to the dressing room at full time - pulled off his polyester shirt together with one of his nipples .
The entire nipple was sheared off - frozen solid to his shirt.
Thankfully this was long before generation snowflake - Harry bravely refused all offers of counselling and therapy and was out drinking the same night .
Was this a one off ? Or are there a generation of players from the 80s now walking around with only one nipple ?
Does anybody know of any other strange sporting injuries ?

Roker Hotel FC Vs Weardale House by any chance?

There is no need to cause the lad any further trauma so he will be named throughout as " Harry"
Harry was a tenacious but limited midfielder who played in the Sunderland Sunday leagues during the 80s .
Unfortunately for Harry the 80s were the peak for those horrendous multi coloured polyester football shirts .
On a bitterly cold winter morning Harry played his most memorable game - conditions were so bad with an icy wind blowing in from the North Sea , that during the course of the game three players could not cope with the freezing conditions and simply walked off the pitch .
Harry played on - returned to the dressing room at full time - pulled off his polyester shirt together with one of his nipples .
Thankfully this was long before generation snowflake - Harry bravely refused all offers of counselling and therapy and was out drinking the same night .
Was this a one off ? Or are there a generation of players from the 80s now walking around with only one nipple ?
Arca- man of war sting

Roker Hotel FC Vs Weardale House by any chance?
The lad involved is a great character - who has supported Sunderland home and away for years - at the time he was working for the civil service in Washington . Best to leave it up to him whether he wants to say anything .

Lee Chapman knocked himself unconscious in a sex game with his wife, Leslie Ash, after jumping from their wardrobe in a superhero role playing game, and going head first into a poster of their bed. Leslie then suffered broken ribs when Lee landed on top of her.

The lad involved is a great character - who has supported Sunderland home and away for years - at the time he was working for the civil service in Washington . Best to leave it up to him whether he wants to say anything .

Yup, that’s the one. I had to go in goal that day - and as it was so cold I wore jogging bottoms. Trouble was that within 5 mins they were soaking and weighed a ton, and made me even colder. I remember SAFC had a home match on the afternoon, and I was so cold I sat and shivered throughout. What a miserable game of footy it was......

Svein Grondalen form Norway missed an international match in 1977 because he had run into a moose while jogging.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darren Barnard
But slipping on dog piss? That's just hilarious. It wasn't so funny for former Chelsea player Darren Barnard though, who managed to tear knee ligaments after falling over his mutt's urine in the kitchen. Playing for Barnsley in 1999 when it happened, the injury kept the midfielder out for five months

Last edited:
My old training partner got penial frostbite on a 3 day adventure run in New Zealand .... He was trapped in a blizzard for 12 hrs and nearly had to have his knob amputated... Luckily for him it got better....
To be fair couldn’t get too much worse
Lee Chapman knocked himself unconscious in a sex game with his wife, Leslie Ash, after jumping from their wardrobe in a superhero role playing game, and going head first into a poster of their bed. Leslie then suffered broken ribs when Lee landed on top of her.
Allegedly

Spanish goalkeeper Canizares missed the 2002 World Cup after sticking out his foot to stop a bottle of aftershave he dropped from hitting his bathroom floor. He made a great save but severed a tendon in his foot.

I think I remember the Spain keeper Canizares missing a World Cup because he’d dropped a deodorant bottle on his foot

Back