Strange resolution issue

PTR

Striker
I was playing F1 2017 last night, and decided to switch from my usual "Windowed" mode to Full screen as when you're playing F1 games, you're 100% concentrating, and you get better performance in full screen.
(usually, I flick between a browser and a game across my main monitor and my laptop screen).

For some reason, the resolution option flipped to 1080i when I tried this. If I set it to the laptop screen, the "i" disappeared.
Why would it think it would be interlaces on my monitor?

Monitor is a BENQ GL2450 - GL2450 Stylish Monitor with Eye-care Technology | BenQ

I don't recall ever seeing this issue before???

I was playing F1 2017 last night, and decided to switch from my usual "Windowed" mode to Full screen as when you're playing F1 games, you're 100% concentrating, and you get better performance in full screen.
(usually, I flick between a browser and a game across my main monitor and my laptop screen).

For some reason, the resolution option flipped to 1080i when I tried this. If I set it to the laptop screen, the "i" disappeared.
Why would it think it would be interlaces on my monitor?

Monitor is a BENQ GL2450 - GL2450 Stylish Monitor with Eye-care Technology | BenQ

I don't recall ever seeing this issue before???
You might need to create a custom resolution in the advanced display properties for 1080p @ 60hz.

Have seen it fix similar problems in the past

Did you manage to get it working to your satisfaction?
Nope. I'm running 2 identical monitors now with the laptop display off. And it shows 1080i.
A custom resolution would go blurry wouldn't it?

I'm back to bordered window. It works fine.

Nope. I'm running 2 identical monitors now with the laptop display off. And it shows 1080i.
A custom resolution would go blurry wouldn't it?

I'm back to bordered window. It works fine.
Not necessarily. You know your monitor supports 1080p (1920x1080) @ 60hz nativity, so there would be no blurring.

Iirc the custom resolution fix is for when windows / drivers haven't picked up the monitors modes correctly.

Just having a read up on windows 10 and it seems to break a lot of games.

It has a feature called display scaling (effectively a zoom setting) that if you set to anything other than 100% can break a lot of games so you might want to look at that too. theres a reddit discussion on it here

Last edited:
Not necessarily. You know your monitor supports 1080p (1920x1080) @ 60hz nativity, so there would be no blurring.

Iirc the custom resolution fix is for when windows / drivers haven't picked up the monitors modes correctly.

Just having a read up on windows 10 and it seems to break a lot of games.

It has a feature called display scaling (effectively a zoom setting) that if you set to anything other than 100% can break a lot of games so you might want to look at that too. theres a reddit discussion on it here
Yeh, that's what I think it was, that was setup before

You might need to create a custom resolution in the advanced display properties for 1080p @ 60hz.
Just checked - there's no such option.
Currently running in a maximised window 1920x1057
If I try borderless full screen, or normal full screen it flips to 1080i.

I think I'll just live with it.

Last edited:
Yeh, that's what I think it was, that was setup before

Just checked - there's no such option.
Currently running in a maximised window 1920x1057
If I try borderless full screen, or normal full screen it flips to 1080i.

I think I'll just live with it.
Fair enough.

Do you have an nVidia card? The following picture shows where you should be looking in the nVidia display tool:

Logon or register to see this image

Fair enough.

Do you have an nVidia card? The following picture shows where you should be looking in the nVidia display tool:

Logon or register to see this image

Yes, a 1050.
I don't have that Display or Video submenu though?

According to a forum post:
"Hello everyone, i found a fix for this bullshit. It's so simple you will laugh. It's a problem nvidia has with multiple monitors. Unplug all but your main monitor and all the options will instantly come back."

Well, isn't that great!

Yes, a 1050.
I don't have that Display or Video submenu though?

According to a forum post:
"Hello everyone, i found a fix for this bullshit. It's so simple you will laugh. It's a problem nvidia has with multiple monitors. Unplug all but your main monitor and all the options will instantly come back."

Well, isn't that great!
lmao - i'd like to see you unplug your primary monitor :confused:

o well, it looks like your stuck with it for now.

Back