Strange people you meet on holiday

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date

met a bloke on a coach holiday in Austria/Bavaria around 1990.... came out with the old " i used to be in the sas " routine.
Took it with a pinch of salt and listened to his very entertaining stories all night.
Got home and checked him out, had written 2 books on his escapades, been involved with Iranian embassey seige the lot.. was shocked as thought was another billy bullshiter.
What was his name then?

Whilst on honeymoon in Phuket, we befriended another two pairs of honeymooners who seemed quite nice so I made them come out on the piss with us every subsequent night.
On the last night we were in that nightclub that eventually burned down and one of the lads went to the middle of the dance floor, took his shirt off and started bouncing up and down chanting “We hate pakis”. :eek:
I “accidentally” lost his address so I couldn’t keep in touch once we got back. Shame.

I was travelling Europe a few years ago and was in Madrid on the last day.

As I left my hostel to go and meet a lass for a few hours some homeless looking Spanish bloke wandered over to me.

He said “do you believe in reincarnation”, I said “no”. He then said “If you come down to Atocha at 5pm, next to the cigarette bin I’ll be there, there will also be a man in a wheelchair with no arms and no legs, we’ll show you that it’s real”

Weird.

We’re now best mates, meet him and stump for a fag every year at the same bin.
:lol:

A picture has come up of a woman who was part of a lesbian menage a trois. Basically, she'd nicked off on holiday without her regular partner with a different lass she was shagging on the side.

Being pedantic, that's not a menage à trois, that's just a gay woman having an affair.

When I was eighteen I hitchhiked to Paris with my then girlfriend. We got picked up outside Calais by a British driver of a refrigerated medical supplies lorry who said he could take us part way, until he turned off onto his route to Italy. We had the usual round of tall stories from him, been in the services but didn't like to talk about it, that kind of thing. At some point on the autoroute, he turned off it and onto country roads because he said it was a 'short cut'. While we drove, he was telling us about how he was mugged the last time he was in Milan, lifted the cover of the box next to his seat, and showed us the massive fuck-off knife in there. Won't happen again, he said.

At this point we're in the middle of f***ing nowhere, with an odd man who owned a big knife. I did that thing where you start thinking about what you could use for a weapon.

And then after a little while, we turned back onto the autoroute, he drove us right out of his way to the outskirts of Paris, and then bought us breakfast before saying goodbye and heading off on his way. I felt a bit bad for having decided he was a serial killer.

I got mortal on the first night in kavos 1992 and a couple helped the missus back to appartment with me. So I woke up to a fresh faced couple who I’d never met before braying on the door as the missus had told them to call along, and we would go out with them for the day as a thankyou for their help.
What a disaster!!! Could not shake them off. They walked along our bit beach everyday and hung about like bad smells trying to recommend what to do and where to go. In the end we agreed to meet them somewhere and never turned up and spent the following few days as the place was tiny walking past each other oblivious to the fact we had ever met. Now like as already been mentioned I Just exchange pleasantries with people and that’s it. Well apart from a Scottish women on holiday herself a few year later who took a shine to the missus!!! But that would get the thread snipped so I will leave it at that.

We went to Flamingo Land for a week when we were kids and our boy made mates with this weird kid on the caravan site. Best part about that week was the kid sucking a glass onto his own face and getting it stuck. That look of panic was priceless.

Were you on here as someone else years ago? Your hilarious holiday anecdotes remind me of someone else but I can’t remember who…..
I've had a few IDs on here, however, the gay bed mate story is one I've not told on here before.

All but this one are now out of action, I'm done with the multiple IDs, useful that said for playing devils advocate.

That said, it's interesting watching people arguing with themselves on the Politics forum. I wonder how some people don't get mixed up between their Brext and Remain selves. :)

How has the op made it to striker status with shite like this.

Okay, I'll see if I've any usable pictures of the lesbians when I get home. But it's not pretty!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand people who make mates with people on holiday. I just wanna be left alone with whoever I’m with like.
Exactly. Even if just doing some local traveling with my wife and some weirdo comes up to us and starts asking us where we're from and shit like that, I just smile, nod, pretend I don't speak English and walk away.

I don't meet anyone on holiday, strange or otherwise - I don't pay my money to be bothered and annoyed by other people. Keep to yourself and talk to no-one - holiday heaven :cool:

1990 Yugoslavia - met a guy from Cornwall who didn't know what Pizza was

Likewise, in Yugo early 80s, our lass was wanting to order one.
I hadn’t a clue what it was, but I made it very clear I didn’t want any of that foreign muck.

I don't meet anyone on holiday, strange or otherwise - I don't pay my money to be bothered and annoyed by other people. Keep to yourself and talk to no-one - holiday heaven :cool:

You get thru the whole holiday without talking to anyone ?

I reckon you are the strange one.

You get thru the whole holiday without talking to anyone ?

I reckon you are the strange one.

I am not impolite and would not be rude, but I do not initiate conversation. Baffles me how many people latch on to others on holiday. Good luck to them - not judging but not for me! If that makes me strange then so be it.

In Tenerife a couple of year back, got talking to a couple round the pool. Every day they'd wander over and chat, one day the woman just snapped with her fella in front of everyone.

They were strange as fuck, wanted to swap numbers so they could 'keep in touch after holiday'. Ever understood that, why would anyone swap numbers with some f***ing stranger that in reality you are never going to contact again?

Back