Strange people you meet on holiday

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date

Were any of these people strange?
The first story just sounds like a lass who was cheating on her partner.
The second I don’t even know which one is supposed to be strange? The UNHCR worker or the Indian lass? What was the relevance of working in Kosovo, was that the strange part? Who did people want the lion to eat?

Ha’way man, explain things better.
Probably just a "look at me, I go to exotic places on me hollibobs" type.

Mind I did meet some right weirdos at Butlins in Skeggy the one time.

I went to Germany with friends when we were students and of course ended up in a hotel full of 'older' people. One of them had brought her accordion with her (as you do) and every night she played and sang Edith Piaf songs. The last two nights we had to stay in the hotel as we had no money left, so we went from thinking 'not this bloody wife and her accordion again' to joining in. Tragic and hysterical at the same time. :lol:

I went snowboarding / skiing with a group of my mates uni friends a few years ago.

They are all doctors or Chemistry graduates.

One doctor turned up at the airport with a full size pillow, reckons he always takes it when he’s flying!

The same lad asked me to play gusss the word or some shite while we were waiting for people to catch us up on the piste. I didn’t have a clue what word he was getting to and in the end I said I give up. He then proceeded to ask how I didn’t know what (some chemistry technical term) it was... I said, because I’m a mechanic I’m not a chemistry graduate you moron.

Opted to never go away with them again.

I never make friends on holiday. I go on holiday to spend time with the people I don't see enough of normally. Of course I'll pass the time of day with people but not much beyond that.

I know some people who dine with others every night and then meet up when they get back to the UK.
Pretty much this, happy to have a crack on with anybody sat around me at the bar/pool - but arranging to meet someone else while there, or back home is a no no

I've got holiday photos on slideshow on my PC backdrop. It's currently cycling through some Chinese photos (a great bunch of lads, etc.).

A picture has come up of a woman who was part of a lesbian menage a trois. Basically, she'd nicked off on holiday without her regular partner with a different lass she was shagging on the side. It created a shit awkward atmosphere without her not even trying to conceal the fact she was having an affair. The period I was with them, they were quite happy to have a bit smooch in their coach seat and not give a damn about anyone else being able to watch them. No, you wouldn't want pictures of any of them or watch - bulldykes!!!

Another one was a UNHCR worker who'd been on assignment in Kosovo in the early noughties who caused a massive fallout with a tent mate on safari in Kenya. Even with limited tent space, she did not want to share with this Indian lass and other people sharing the camp had to separate the two of them on the last night when it turned into a screaming match. When people hope she gets eaten by a lion, that tells you everything.
What a sad person you are.

I was once followed around for a week by a gay hotel staff member that'd taken a shine to me on holiday. He was a really nice chap tbf, good with kids, friendly, just kept following me around the fkn weirdo. He'd come out to the pool, spot me lounging in my Ben Sherman shirt and bermuda shorts, then make a nonchalant beeline for me. My family would be sitting there whispering "look, here he comes" whilst laughing their tits off at me, twats. It got pretty uncomfortable by the end of the week, but still, he was canny and I gave him £50 as we left as a tip for being so good with the bairns all week.

Some of my family kept in touch with him on facey after we got home and he ended up getting drafted into the turkish army. He always asked how I was doing...

I was once followed around for a week by a gay hotel staff member that'd taken a shine to me on holiday. He was a really nice chap tbf, good with kids, friendly, just kept following me around the fkn weirdo. He'd come out to the pool, spot me lounging in my Ben Sherman shirt and bermuda shorts, then make a nonchalant beeline for me. My family would be sitting there whispering "look, here he comes" whilst laughing their tits off at me, twats. It got pretty uncomfortable by the end of the week, but still, he was canny and I gave him £50 as we left as a tip for being so good with the bairns all week.

Some of my family kept in touch with him on facey after we got home and he ended up getting drafted into the turkish army. He always asked how I was doing...
How was the BJ?

Okay, that about matches my next one.

I do some strange holidays compared to a lot of people.

Back in 1998, I did a short over-lander from Lhasa in Tibet to Kathmandu in Nepal. Room shortages meant I had to share.

The first couple of nights, I shared a twin room with one bloke who was basically a stuffed shirt. I got rid of him because this Sri Lankan lad refused to share with someone else who got a heavy cold and we swapped room mates. At least that was the story, with him allegedly having a virus phobia.

On the second night of sharing, he strikes up a conversation about the women that were travelling with us. "You fancy her?" "Okay" "What about her?" "More of a possibility", etc.

Then he comes out with it. "I don't actually go out with women."

The sheets on his bed go back as if to invite me into his bed. Shit!!!

I pretended not to notice and start to talk more about one of the other girls on the trip, make an excuse saying I need to sleep. I lay there basically hoping I didn't find myself being bummed in the middle of the night on the roof of the world. It was turning into the holiday of a lifetime for all wrong reasons.

The following day, I came down with a heavy cold and he swapped again. I ended up with his original room mate.

We got through the trip okay with a bizarre night on the Nepal / Tibet border staying in what turned out to be a brothel as a hotel opposite wouldn't take us.

So I'm talking to my third room mate about the trip about flying home. He asks "What about Ranjit?", referring to our gay travelling companion. I responded "Well let's put it this way, you need your rear firmly pressed against the mattress if you want a night's sleep."

The response was " He's a weird'un." followed by a laugh. He'd tried it on with this other bloke too.

I wonder if he got some arse off his final room mate. He didn't swap again for the rest of the trip.

The footnote was the lass I'd gone on about to deflect the gay lad's attention made a play for me landing back at Heathrow. So all was good in the end. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucked a Bunny Boiler all over and she had the softest skin I had ever felt. She stalked me for days after that, following me from bar to bar but trying to not get seen by me. She climbed up a drainpipe to my balcony and tapped on the window for hours just calling my name over and over. Fuck would I let her in, she might have had a knife?:eek:

Back