Strange characters in the Blue Bell tonight

Dave Herbal

Striker
So I’m sat in the bell and these loudmouth cockney (ie south of Watford) types came in. They all looked a bit out of place and at first I thought it was a sunshine bus outing, but it became apparent that they weren’t when they sat next to us. Our next guess was a CAMRA day out, but none of them seemed to be exchanging tasting notes.
First of all there was a white trustafarian in a Punks Picnic T shirt. Nowt particularly odd about that, but he was followed by a bloke who looked like Gandalf in a massive black coat, complete with actual wizard’s sleeves. You could have fitted a frozen turkey up them.
Finally we had a young lad with a ginger Amish beard, a felt village idiot hat, a walking stick, and a satchel with a pewter tankard hanging off it by a bit of string.
I couldn’t stop staring at the strange fuckers.

And while writing this I’ve just figured out who they were. It’ll have been the civil war re-enactment lot from Hylton Castle. Ginger must have forgotten to come out of character.
Oh well, I can go to bed happy now I’ve solved it.

So I’m sat in the bell and these loudmouth cockney (ie south of Watford) types came in. They all looked a bit out of place and at first I thought it was a sunshine bus outing, but it became apparent that they weren’t when they sat next to us. Our next guess was a CAMRA day out, but none of them seemed to be exchanging tasting notes.
First of all there was a white trustafarian in a Punks Picnic T shirt. Nowt particularly odd about that, but he was followed by a bloke who looked like Gandalf in a massive black coat, complete with actual wizard’s sleeves. You could have fitted a frozen turkey up them.
Finally we had a young lad with a ginger Amish beard, a felt village idiot hat, a walking stick, and a satchel with a pewter tankard hanging off it by a bit of string.

And while writing this I’ve just figured out who they were. It’ll have been the civil war re-enactment lot from Hylton Castle. Ginger must have forgotten to come out of character.
I saw four such characters in Durham yesterday morning and though WTF. Thank you for clearing it up for me as well.

I feel bad for yelling TWATS at them now.

Me and the lads dress normal and the piano still stops walking in there

I saw four such characters in Durham yesterday morning and though WTF. Thank you for clearing it up for me as well.

I feel bad for yelling TWATS at them now.

There's usually loads of them around Durham, larping is very popular at Durham University.

Back