Storm Isha

Beautiful day in PR5 - I m going to climb Rivington Pike shortly. ( west pennine moors / winter hill)
The views west are stunning - from the Lakes mountains to the peaks of Snowdonia …….Preston , Liverpool , Manchester skylines clear as owt. Blackpool tower , Ribble Estuary, Mersey shore - it really is fantastic on a clear day.
Lovely bright clear day but a touch draughty out there.

Woke up 3am to rain lashing off the windows, took a look out side and it was like a monsoon for about 20mins then just absolute calm instantly like someone just turned it off

FB experts reckonn it was maybe a twister 😂 , white is heavy rain tho

Bit of a joke this now

No one knows what's a named storm, is this a storm today?

Is a storm only a storm if the Norwegians give it a name?

Anyone know if there's warnings issued, any warnings live right now? Is my life at risk due to weather today?

3 of these weather episodes in the last week alone hence the Isha thread being live still

Bit of a joke this now

No one knows what's a named storm, is this a storm today?

Is a storm only a storm if the Norwegians give it a name?

Anyone know if there's warnings issued, any warnings live right now? Is my life at risk due to weather today?

3 of these weather episodes in the last week alone hence the Isha thread being live still
There is a current Met Office warning for wind in place untill 17.00 today.

Last edited:
Can confirm as the meteorologists would say, it’s windy as fuck here. Doesn’t seem as constant but there’s an occasional gust that feels like it’s going to smash the windows in. Came out of nowhere this. 🤔

I always have the webcam on at work (of the pier and beach) and the handrails are absolutely battered from the winter storms. Got me thinking, how will they replace them? Do they drill out for the uprights and then concrete them in, surely drilling and screwing will not be strong enough

Back