Storm Damage Insurance and Custom built quality garden sheds in N.E.

Well i woke up yesterday and found 4 x 40ft Leylandi from the neighbours side had flattened my shed .The shed was custom built by me not the usual B&Q paper thin shite ,so when the insurance get in touch i want a quote for a similar size/ quality shed to be supplied and fitted, roughly 13ft x 8ft So any recommendations ?

I've also read that some insurance firms don't remove the trees just make them safe then replace the shed,If this is the case they will have a job with mine as the trees are right across where it used to be.

Before anyone says the neighbours insurance should sort it out , i've looked on the internet and it looks like we both claim for the individual damage thats in our gardens,
I don't know if this is correct ?, i've still informed mine and sent pics.
Five of our own Leylandi flattened our summerhouse , have put a claim in online but can't get near to give the damaged contents details until the trees are removed. They would have caused havoc if they had fallen the other way onto the road.

Before anyone says the neighbours insurance should sort it out , i've looked on the internet and it looks like we both claim for the individual damage thats in our gardens,
I don't know if this is correct ?, i've still informed mine and sent pics.
An alternative is for you to sue your neighbour. Could it reasonably be foreseen that strong winds could cause damage to your property by means of their falling trees? If so, you have a strong case.

Northern garden sheds are really good. Id recommend them to anyone, build and timber quality are outstanding. Op, Be prepared to wait though.
I’ve got visions of his bespoke shed looking like something off an allotment. Old internal doors for walls and Corrugated Perspex for the roof.

Back