Stoptober

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the f***ing stupidity of it.

January - Dry January - stop drinking for a month
October - Stoptober - stop smoking for a month

Nice and simple eh? But not, some dickhead has to decide to have a 2nd stop drinking month, and then that cretin picks f***ing October.
I bet the stop smoking people are delighted about it too.

Yes it's a bit of a piss take considering Stoptober was there before Dry January. Massive charities pushing for it though.

What's the drinking one then? Soberember?

Go Sober for October.

I reckon over a weekend i drink 30 pints, half at home half in the pub. I'm no raging alcy but i would like to cut down. I think if i knock the beer on the head for a month ill feel good
I've got some news for you.

as someone who is suspicious of teetotallers - i'm even more suspicious of drinkers who go in for this kinda shit...

Reactions: PTR
as someone who is suspicious of teetotallers - i'm even more suspicious of drinkers who go in for this kinda shit...
I can almost understand it in January, if you've absolutely lashed it.
Or if you think your drinking may be getting a bit out of hand, and you need some "reason" to cut back without looking daft.

But otherwise, it just seems like a "look at me" thing. Pah, I suppose that's why its so f***ing popular come to think of it.

Yes it's a bit of a piss take considering Stoptober was there before Dry January. Massive charities pushing for it though.

Go Sober for October.
I've not even heard of dry January. I'm sure its dry July here.
Mate was doing Steptember this month. Had to do 10,000 steps a day. :D

I reckon over a weekend i drink 30 pints, half at home half in the pub. I'm no raging alcy but i would like to cut down. I think if i knock the beer on the head for a month ill feel good
30 pints?! :eek::eek:. How do you fit them all in? (Time wise, not space)

No, I don't have a drink problem, I make my own decisions in life and I'm not a sheep to some marketing fad.

Hope this helps :)
What about tabs though? Stoptober is about getting people to quit smoking.

No chance I could do a full month like.
Probably a good reason to do a full month marra.

I've gotten into the habit of doing dry January the last few years. I feel better for it by the end of the month.

Last edited:
What about tabs though? Stoptober is about getting people to quit smoking.

Probably a good reason to do a full month marra.

I've gotten into the habit of doing dry January the last few years. I feel better for it by the end of the month.

Aye, go sober October.

Happy to abstain from fags, never smoked in my life :)

It’s not something to brag about.

My mate died, 36 year old, through drink.
Same hear, had a few people I know pass away with drunk being the major player in it, drinking till u can not drink anymore day after day is not big and not clever

Why be suspicious about teetotallers? I drink maybe once our twice a year when I feel like it as I hate the feeling the next day, get me depressed as hell being hungover and it a complete waste of the day with me boys when I'm lay on the couch I'll all day, I just weighed up drinking was no longer for me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back