Stopping smoking tablets (Champix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
been packed in for 5 year ish now. tried all the patches, gum, lozenger's ect.
tried the champix and never looked back, fckin brilliant.

only thing is you are supposed to set yourself a date after so many week's which i found was to much pressure. think i carried on for about 2 weeks more and just packed in when i was forgetting to have a tab.( if you narr what i mean )

good luck to all you's. not easy but well worth it.

Reet. Started on the tablets. Got to take 6 a day for the first 3 days. Will be rattling by the end of the course.

Reet. Started on the tablets. Got to take 6 a day for the first 3 days. Will be rattling by the end of the course.

Had mixed success with Tabex.
Got down to one a day pretty quickly on them just couldn't shake the first one in a morning.
Even though I was getting nowt from one it just felt right/needed to spark up on the way out of the house.
Very very impressed with the tablets themselves, massively annoyed at how shite & weak I am.

Haven't taken the tablets for a while now and currently smoking 4 or 5 a day (down from 30 or so)
Plan to have another go on the tablets this weekend.

They are far more effective than gum, patches and the inhaler. Though probably not quite as good as Champix.

Good luck Wilfy lad, if you can just get a couple of days off them it should be plain sailing.

Had mixed success with Tabex.
Got down to one a day pretty quickly on them just couldn't shake the first one in a morning.
Even though I was getting nowt from one it just felt right/needed to spark up on the way out of the house.
Very very impressed with the tablets themselves, massively annoyed at how shite & weak I am.

Haven't taken the tablets for a while now and currently smoking 4 or 5 a day (down from 30 or so)
Plan to have another go on the tablets this weekend.

They are far more effective than gum, patches and the inhaler. Though probably not quite as good as Champix.

Good luck Wilfy lad, if you can just get a couple of days off them it should be plain sailing.

Cheers mate and good luck for your next attempt.

I've got spare gum and patches if ya need owt - got them free when I packed in

Didn't need them coz I've got a massive will power

I've got spare gum and patches if ya need owt - got them free when I packed in

Didn't need them coz I've got a massive will power

Cheers, this course of tablets lasts 20 odd days and I have to stop on the 5th day. Garna see how it goes.

Well I started taking the tablets at 10am yesterday. Smoked as normal till about 6pm then they seemed to kick in. Had one about 12 last night, don't really know why tbh. Haven't had one since.

Cheers, this course of tablets lasts 20 odd days and I have to stop on the 5th day. Garna see how it goes.

Well I started taking the tablets at 10am yesterday. Smoked as normal till about 6pm then they seemed to kick in. Had one about 12 last night, don't really know why tbh. Haven't had one since.

Hom.

I started smoking on the last night of the holidays and went through 10 tabs.

Rather enjoyed it.

Hom.

I started smoking on the last night of the holidays and went through 10 tabs.

Rather enjoyed it.

10 tabs?, that's HARDCORE..

Going to try these in the new year. Just read that Alan Carr book, didn't realise the bloke died of lung cancer over 20 after quitting the tabs...

Last edited:
Haway then, lets have an update , how are you's all doing.

I jacked in 9 days ago on the Fruit Polo plan, doesn't bother me during the day but if I'm having a drink on a night I get the urges.

Side effects so far. insomnia, broken sleep, total lack of concentration and restlessness.
Not even a mention of any side effects on the wrapper from the Polo's either.:evil:

I've tried both Zyban and Champix, Zyban was fantastic and I was off the tabs for about 3 years. The problam was when I went for a naughty weekend in Edinburgh with the missus and we were arrogant enough to think that we could just have a few tabs because we'd packed in. A year later we were both still smoking.

This is where the Champix came in, it worked but the side affects were awful so I came off them early. Depression, nausea, lack of concentration, miserable bastard, etc, etc. If anyone is going to the Doctors to get some tablets I'd recommend Zyban, it is still available but the Doctors like to promote Champix. It is your choice though so tell them which tablet you want.

Regardless of the tablets the most important thing is that you MUST want to stop smoking. If you aren't fully commited to it then you will start again. I'm back on 7-8 a day, not a great amount but its enough to affect general aspects of my health ie breathing, surceptible colds, etc.

For me, I've realised I'm going to have to go cold turkey which I'm currently trying to get my head around. Good luck to all of those that are trying to pack in!

Me mam started taking champix a few weeks ago after smoking 20-30 a day for ever. Shes stopped altogether like and im f***ing astonished:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back