Stopping down Bristol for the semi final

Gashead in Peace

As plenty of you are coming down here for the next two games, I imagine some will be staying longer weekends etc so I thought i'd post some tips.
If you do, it's well worth looking around the city, some top sights and many different vibed areas.

if you have the time, you gotta see the Clifton suspension Bridge and Clifton village itself, also for ships The SS Great Britain. If you like a walk and harbours then
walk around the whole harbouside in a loop, plenty of bars along the way inc some on boats. If you like Aeroplanes then stop off in Filton at the Concorde Museum
There are street art tours if like that and we are blessed with a thriving live music and club scene. Motion was voted the best large venue in the UK last year by one magazine 2-4k capacity)

check out 'visitbristol' for info ( it won't let me post links on here)

central drinking areas - King Street is top for beer-focussed old pubs, Harbourside (whole way round), Park St, Corn St and around St Nicks Market (The Old City) are all full of pubs, bars & eateries etc, that's where the Commercial Rooms is. Leading from the shops (Broadmead) is the main north central rd up to the Memorial Ground, first bit is Stokes Croft ( very alternative and a free for all but rammed full of bars and clubs etc and very fun!) this eventually becomes Gloucester Rd which again is full of shops, pubs bars restaurants etc for about 2 miles long.

have a good time

cheerz

Class city. Dying now like. Walked about 10 miles yesterday must have had 20 pints of cider. Clifton is a bit up its own arse . Stokes croft is bouncing . Whole city stinks of weed
Clifton is quite snobby like, when I was a youth we used to go student/toff bashing there on a Friday night - we mainly lost:lol:

After the match I'd try and get in to watch the end of the England Rugby game somewhere, if I was you - the whole city will be pissed right up tonight

Gashead in peace,

glad that you're enjoying yourself in the Cor Tap on the ol 'Glider' (Cider). I hope you made it along to see the world famous Clfton Suspension Bridge whilst you were there?! ..not any other cities that have a 200ft gorge in their boundary either
if you or any others on here want any travel, beer, food , sightseeing advice or suggestions message me or ask on here, happy to help you all given that you're coming here twice in a short space of time! Cheerz and hope you have a wicked time.
Fuck off

Gashead in Peace

As plenty of you are coming down here for the next two games, I imagine some will be staying longer weekends etc so I thought i'd post some tips.
If you do, it's well worth looking around the city, some top sights and many different vibed areas.

if you have the time, you gotta see the Clifton suspension Bridge and Clifton village itself, also for ships The SS Great Britain. If you like a walk and harbours then
walk around the whole harbouside in a loop, plenty of bars along the way inc some on boats. If you like Aeroplanes then stop off in Filton at the Concorde Museum
There are street art tours if like that and we are blessed with a thriving live music and club scene. Motion was voted the best large venue in the UK last year by one magazine 2-4k capacity)

check out 'visitbristol' for info ( it won't let me post links on here)

central drinking areas - King Street is top for beer-focussed old pubs, Harbourside (whole way round), Park St, Corn St and around St Nicks Market (The Old City) are all full of pubs, bars & eateries etc, that's where the Commercial Rooms is. Leading from the shops (Broadmead) is the main north central rd up to the Memorial Ground, first bit is Stokes Croft ( very alternative and a free for all but rammed full of bars and clubs etc and very fun!) this eventually becomes Gloucester Rd which again is full of shops, pubs bars restaurants etc for about 2 miles long.

have a good time

cheerz

Sorry mate Brunel can get stuffed, we’ve got his superior up here

I ain’t going to the semi, after seeing the congestion and traffic lights etc today, it ain’t worth it, if anyone wants the ticket, for free, pm me and I’ll send it to you

Back