Stopping down Bristol for the semi final

You are in the heart of student/right on area - if heading into town you will soon enter Crustyvile and if not careful, the Front Line.

If you head to Stokes Croft you will get to see the most vandalised shop in the world (tesco express) - we get tourist from Beirut come over

Aye had wander around Stokes Croft yesteday, had a pint in the canteen (did a crossword in the Times to look sophisticated, only got 4 in so quietly folded the paper up and left ) , had some lovely bait at Jamaica Street. Montpellier is a lovely place , had a couple of pints and walked back through there , looked very Bohemian. There's a cracking pub called The Duke of York right outside of our digs, been in twice already. Its very 'independent'. And covered in Graffiti obviously. There is A LOT of weed getting smoked around here. Gonna walk down to the haebour side and upto Clifton today and get smashed on Cider all going well

Aye had wander around Stokes Croft yesteday, had a pint in the canteen (did a crossword in the Times to look sophisticated, only got 4 in so quietly folded the paper up and left ) , had some lovely bait at Jamaica Street. Montpellier is a lovely place , had a couple of pints and walked back through there , looked very Bohemian. There's a cracking pub called The Duke of York right outside of our digs, been in twice already. Its very 'independent'. And covered in Graffiti obviously. There is A LOT of weed getting smoked around here. Gonna walk down to the haebour side and upto Clifton today and get smashed on Cider all going well
visit the famous coronation tap in clifton

The Coronation Tap - Cider House - Exhibition Cider

I've always worked on the assumption that life in Bristol moves at about 80 per cent of the pace that the rest of Britain does (and some of that is to do with a prestigious consumption of da ’erb).

And I think that's a very good thing (the pace, not so much the 'accompaniment').

If you want to do a couple of tourist things go to King St then you can tick off the Landogger Trow - book named in Treasure Island iirc and the Duke opposite has live Jazz most nights if thats your thing

And behind Colston Hall is the Hatchet (oldest bristol pub) from 1604 where legend has it door is made from Human skin or some other such nonsense:)

I've always worked on the assumption that life in Bristol moves at about 80 per cent of the pace that the rest of Britain does (and some of that is to do with a prestigious consumption of da ’erb).

And I think that's a very good thing (the pace, not so much the 'accompaniment').
The area he's in - St Werburghs/Montpelier is very much a "class war" zone

If you get some weed - this is a pleasant place for a smoke and view
Cabot Tower and Brandon Hill

Last edited:
If you want to do a couple of tourist things go to King St then you can tick off the Landogger Trow - book named in Treasure Island iirc and the Duke opposite has live Jazz most nights if thats your thing

And behind Colston Hall is the Hatchet (oldest bristol pub) from 1604 where legend has it door is made from Human skin or some other such nonsense:)

Not quite - the Llandoger Trow is where Daniel Defoe met Alexander Selkirk, and was inspired to write Robinson Crusoe. The one you're thinking of is The Hole in the Wall, which is supposed to be the model for the Spyglass Inn.

Ha, it's been about 25 years since I did any of that! I even struggle on a couple of beers these days.

Did you complete the crossword

I struggle with The Daily Mirror :lol:

Not quite - the Llandoger Trow is where Daniel Defoe met Alexander Selkirk, and was inspired to write Robinson Crusoe. The one you're thinking of is The Hole in the Wall, which is supposed to be the model for the Spyglass Inn.

Im going to call it a draw:)

"The pub is said to have inspired Robert Louis Stevenson to write of the Admiral Benbow Inn in Treasure Island and Daniel Defoe supposedly met Alexander Selkirk there, his inspiration for Robinson Crusoe. The pub is also supposedly haunted, with up to 15 ghosts, the best known being a small child whose footsteps can be heard on the top floor."

Did you complete the crossword

I struggle with The Daily Mirror :lol:

Did I hell. Was only the 5 minute tea time quiz word thing aswel. Usually get most of it.

Im going to call it a draw:)

"The pub is said to have inspired Robert Louis Stevenson to write of the Admiral Benbow Inn in Treasure Island and Daniel Defoe supposedly met Alexander Selkirk there, his inspiration for Robinson Crusoe. The pub is also supposedly haunted, with up to 15 ghosts, the best known being a small child whose footsteps can be heard on the top floor."

Guess I'll have to go to both then

Did I hell. Was only the 5 minute tea time quiz word thing aswel. Usually get most of it.

Guess I'll have to go to both then

Apart from the literary connection, the Hole in the Wall is pretty forgettable. On the other hand, the Llandoger Trow is a genuinely good pub as well as an historic building.

Mad as fuck here like. Just been 'served' by a barman clearly on mushrooms. Gave our cider to two chinese girls at the end of the bar and has lost the use of his mouth . and has trapped us in the cori tap by putting a rope around us

f***ing love Bristol. Had a bit chat with some graffiti artists under an underpass earlier, interesting younguns, and also an actor from 'doctors' whatever the fuck that is

Unfortunately, I have to work on Tuesday evening. It's a shame they don't show full highlights on safc.com any more. I have no strategy and I won't be able, even, to listen to commentary.

Mad as fuck here like. Just been 'served' by a barman clearly on mushrooms. Gave our cider to two chinese girls at the end of the bar and has lost the use of his mouth . and has trapped us in the cori tap by putting a rope around us

f***ing love Bristol. Had a bit chat with some graffiti artists under an underpass earlier, interesting younguns, and also an actor from 'doctors' whatever the fuck that is

Gashead in peace,

glad that you're enjoying yourself in the Cor Tap on the ol 'Glider' (Cider). I hope you made it along to see the world famous Clfton Suspension Bridge whilst you were there?! ..not any other cities that have a 200ft gorge in their boundary either
if you or any others on here want any travel, beer, food , sightseeing advice or suggestions message me or ask on here, happy to help you all given that you're coming here twice in a short space of time! Cheerz and hope you have a wicked time.

Back