Stone Roses

The dogtanion theme cover was brutal. The second one was ok tho. Haven’t listened to it since tho. Maybe it was just good in comparison to the other one.

I hope not, the ones they did release were f***ing shite.

My God they were shocking. I can't think of a band whose purple patch was as short lived and spectacular as theirs.

I spent years trying to like Ian Brown's stuff but my heart was never really in it.

The 1st album is superb but they’re overhyped to fk..John Squire used to have it on his website that he’d never play with them again..as usual money talks..and Ian Brown can’t sing live to save his life.

it’s a fact.

the first album was superb bar a couple of dodgy tracks ( the backward ones )

the second album was alright.

the singles from supposed third album were terrible.

based on that output, it’s hardly a legacy. As a band they captured a moment but unfortunately the majority of their music just didn’t match the hype.

You're forgetting all the phenomenal b sides too...

Across the sands
Sally Cinnamon
Mersey Paradise
Elephant Stone
Where Angels Play
Going Down
Your time will come

Etc

Squire always irritates me in these early interviews. It's like they are being deliberately being awkward but at least Brown has something about him and he's choosing to be evasive whereas Squire comes across as arrogant but with no personality.

Nah no way..the trouble is when your debut album is as good as theirs is living up to it..I mean how do you follow something like that.
The first album was a product of the time and captured the imagination.
The second album was the better crafted, musically.

In my opinion of course.;)

it’s a fact.

the first album was superb bar a couple of dodgy tracks ( the backward ones )

the second album was alright.

the singles from supposed third album were terrible.

based on that output, it’s hardly a legacy. As a band they captured a moment but unfortunately the majority of their music just didn’t match the hype.

I agree. That's not to say they weren't good, but somehow, despite only having one class album (and not able to reproduce it well live) they've been cited as one of the all time greats.

Cool as fuck mind.

Last edited:
Saw them live 3 times and been off me face that much each time a can't remember a thing. Not arsed though cos a nar at the time a woulda been having the time of me life.

I agree. That's not to say they weren't good, but somehow, despite only having one class album (and not able to reproduce it well live) they've been cited as one of the all time greats.

Cool as fuck mind.

They were good and certainly cool as fuck. They wouldn’t make my top 20 bands though.

The Heaton park comeback gig was amazing. Backed up by Primal scream and the wailers. They were tight and well rehearsed.

Went to 2 of the etihad gigs, and they weren’t anywhere near as good

Back