Stone Roses

Mad you like

it’s a fact.

the first album was superb bar a couple of dodgy tracks ( the backward ones )

the second album was alright.

the singles from supposed third album were terrible.

based on that output, it’s hardly a legacy. As a band they captured a moment but unfortunately the majority of their music just didn’t match the hype.

it’s a fact.

the first album was superb bar a couple of dodgy tracks ( the backward ones )

the second album was alright.

the singles from supposed third album were terrible.

based on that output, it’s hardly a legacy. As a band they captured a moment but unfortunately the majority of their music just didn’t match the hype.

But you've just said that half of their music was superb? :confused:

half ? I said the first album was superb bar some dodgy tracks. It’s a 9/10.

the rest was slightly above average and that’s me being generous to them.

I would say that saying one of their albums is superb is half - considering they brought out 2 albums.
Maths not your strong point?

It didn't help them one bit that oasis were already on the scene by the time the 2nd album came out
timing is everything, and the delay between 1 & 2 didnt help (not all their own fault!). on the definitely maybe documentary mani tells the story of going down to the sawmill studios during the oasis recordings and realizing that was the album the roses should be doing...

It didn't help them one bit that oasis were already on the scene by the time the 2nd album came out
Haway man 5 years to get their second album out? To be honest I can barely remember it being released and I was a huge fan of the first. Mind didn’t they piss off the music press of the day by giving the big issue the first press release of it or some shit? I doubt that would have helped their cause 🤣

Haway man 5 years to get their second album out? To be honest I can barely remember it being released and I was a huge fan of the first. Mind didn’t they piss off the music press of the day by giving the big issue the first press release of it or some shit? I doubt that would have helped their cause 🤣

They did give the first interview to the Big Issue which I thought was highly commendable.
I can’t remember it pissing of the music press but I’m sure all wanted it to be a masterpiece due to the hype and anticipation.
The reviews certainly weren’t favourable but that was due to them not taking kindly to John Squires vanity project more than them holding a grudge

Back