stokes and borthwick

S

stephen cartwright

i am expecting a lot from these two lads this coming season.

possibly our next two off the conveyor belt to play for england.

im hoping to see them both come on as allrounders, stokes batting is already superb and his bowling is possibly useful, whether he will go on and become dangerous or concentrate on batting will be interesting, alot of talk of his injuries preventing much work on the bowling. i see he only bowled 4 overs in jamaica for the lions in two innings.

scotty i would like to see come on as a batsman, when i saw him play at canterbury he looked nervous as hell in the first innings but second innings very much more confident and full of shots and skill, still didnt score much but it was his first knock in cc.

likewise im expecting big things from these two

im hoping to see them both come on as allrounders, stokes batting is already superb and his bowling is possibly useful, whether he will go on and become dangerous or concentrate on batting will be interesting, alot of talk of his injuries preventing much work on the bowling. i see he only bowled 4 overs in jamaica for the lions in two innings.

scotty i would like to see come on as a batsman, when i saw him play at canterbury he looked nervous as hell in the first innings but second innings very much more confident and full of shots and skill, still didnt score much but it was his first knock in cc.

likewise im expecting big things from these two
a further year of experience for stokes in the england A team and borthwick was in australia getting coaching.

i think these two lads could be durhams match winners next season.

also if onions returns, and with the possibility of colly being available more often, i really think we have a chance in all formats

a further year of experience for stokes in the england A team and borthwick was in australia getting coaching.

i think these two lads could be durhams match winners next season.

also if onions returns, and with the possibility of colly being available more often, i really think we have a chance in all formats

i'll believe it when i see it with regards to t20 but in 4 day and 40 overs im with you.

without knowing much about miller & nichols its maybe harsh to say but even if they are as great as taylor & morkel we were still fairly poor last year so we'd need a massive step up by a lot of players to even be competitive

i'll believe it when i see it with regards to t20 but in 4 day and 40 overs im with you.

without knowing much about miller & nichols its maybe harsh to say but even if they are as great as taylor & morkel we were still fairly poor last year so we'd need a massive step up by a lot of players to even be competitive
with T20 its all about a couple of things going for you. a player scoring a quick 30 odd or a bowler taking a couple of wickets.

borthwick broke his finger during last seasons t20 and stokes never got going as he was usually left with a couple of overs at the end, to create a score.

i think with onions, steve harmison, borthwick, colly, stokes, and others we have a chance.

been to the last two seasons of t20 and especially last season, we were close in a lot of the games, but they turned in the oppositions favour

we shall see, but i am really looking forward to this seasons t20 as i think we will do well, at home, at least

Stokes bowling doesn't look like its been improving smashed around in the Caribbean

4 overs for 21... bit quick to judge!

geoff cook had been saying he hasnt had the chance to work on his bowling really due to an ankle injury so i dont expect it to have improved too much but we will see this year if he has some natural talent to build on, from what the club has been saying it seems he has

Back