Stirling Castle and Wallace museum

You can definitely spend a good day at Blair Drummond Safari Park.

Falkirk Wheel is worth a trip.

You can see the Kelpies on the way up the M9 too.

stirling is a canny place for a drink. we used to go up every year on the bikes and camp at the rugby club. had some great weekends there.
the afternoon pissheads are quite an attraction, not too keen on the english and are a joy to wind up and watch them go.

You can definitely spend a good day at Blair Drummond Safari Park.

Falkirk Wheel is worth a trip.

You can see the Kelpies on the way up the M9 too.
The wheel and kelpies and also a park next to the falkirk stadium are on the to do list the same day as stirling, kircaldy castle and coast line is another day taken up, a day in Edinburgh ofcourse too that's 3 days planned so far

stirling is a canny place for a drink. we used to go up every year on the bikes and camp at the rugby club. had some great weekends there.
the afternoon pissheads are quite an attraction, not too keen on the english and are a joy to wind up and watch them go.

I think what I remember most is a recently estranged couple meeting in the street and the charming young gentleman calling his former beau a “fucken’ whale” :lol:

Although this time we based on the east coast (musselburgh) in the October half term I'm planning on being based on the west coast oban or troon and some of the hills n lochs will be easier to visit then, but I'm writing everything in my note book to remember and look into, cheers lads

Based at Callendar we were pretty central so one day drove across to Oban and another day to St Andrews, both great places.

It was a far nicer drive to Oban, when there went to a viewing spot at the top of town which was fantastic, sat for an hour watching the ferries making their way in and out the harbour. There's also a great beach just a few mins from the town centre.

Based at Callendar we were pretty central so one day drove across to Oban and another day to St Andrews, both great places.

It was a far nicer drive to Oban, when there went to a viewing spot at the top of town which was fantastic, sat for an hour watching the ferries making their way in and out the harbour. There's also a great beach just a few mins from the town centre.

Cheers mate I've wrote that down because after Edinburgh and the east then Glasgow and the west il be looking for somewhere further up and central

If you're thinking of Oban, it's not a kick up the arse off Glencoe. Spectacular doesn't do it justice. And Mull is just a ferry-ride away.
Back to Stirling castle....I prefered it before it was painted, but there's plenty of history there to keep you amused for a few hours.

On the off chance you like fishing, Loch Etive is a few minutes from Oban.

I've been looking at historic Scotland membership and also national trust membership any else a member of either, looks like you can save a canny whack and get in for free to the pricey castles (well £6/month direct debit) I certainly feel they are something we would use
National trust membership covers England n Wales unfortunately not Scotland or that would have been ideal

I've been looking at historic Scotland membership and also national trust membership any else a member of either, looks like you can save a canny whack and get in for free to the pricey castles (well £6/month direct debit) I certainly feel they are something we would use
National trust membership covers England n Wales unfortunately not Scotland or that would have been ideal
Scottish National trust, which also covers England, Wales and the other places, is a canny bit cheaper to join.

Back