Stinky Camera

• Thread starter Deleted member 13178
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13178

Bought a camera yesterday - it's canny old (as you'd expect) but it f***ing stinks of stale smoke, to the point where I think it actually was a smoker before I got it or it was involved in some kind of house fire. The focusing ring on the lens is actually browny yellow wi smoke. :eek:

Anyone got any tips on getting rid of the smell? I've gave it a quick clean with household polish :lol: which has helped a little but I need to delve a bit deeper - any tips?

Dunk it in isopropanol 99.9% pure alcohol

Then drink

OK so I tore the manky old leatherette off and the glue underneath smells of fish, which is better but still not good...painted the prism cover as well whch now smells of - paint.

A good sesh with the bicarb and some cotton buds has nicely removed the brown shit on the lens and the focusing ring has soaked in bleach overnight - it all smells a lot better now.

Just left out in the garden (shaded) with the back open airing off, it's a really nice camera despite all this!

OCD - cannat beat it.

Hmmm...try this:

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Reading the ebay description, the person previous had painted it all black for some reason? Then scraped it off before he sold it. Maybe to hide the smokey smell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back