Sting's accent when he sings

He’s a Mag. This is from Wiki:
Sting supports his hometown Premier League football club Newcastle United, and in 2009 backed a supporters' campaign against the plan of owner Mike Ashley to sell off naming rights of the club's home stadium St James' Park.[151]

I once read that his parents were from Grangetown and moved to Tyneside because of the family business.

He was brought up a Sunderland fan , but got bullied at school and changed colours . I’m sure an old school mate mentioned this on the Tube programme.

Typical professional Geordie now, mind.

Sunderland supporter before he became famous, then he turned black and white. He used to get stick from his pupils when he was a teacher. Terry Christian outed him on The Tube iirc.

I can still hear a wearside twang, is it not just the case she’s lived in London 20 years? Nowt like Gordon Summers who developed his pseudo posh English accent in the late 80’s
Yes that’s what he said.
When he first went to London people couldn’t understand him, so he “developed” that accent.
Prat.

Always had the reggae pisstake going on which suited the songs .Walking on da moon! ..He's alreet Sting really ,clever bloke and he's former pupils speak highly of him.Loves hesell a bit but you need an ego for what he does
Yes that’s what he said.
When he first went to London people couldn’t understand him, so he “developed” that accent.
Prat.
Its easy to adopt a voice overnight ,very few singers sing with an accent and can change instantly .I wouldn't do it but people do tone it down in certain situations .

Last edited:

Back