Stewie Donald & Charles Methven, a thought!

It's clear to everyone now that the club is for sale and Stew is short of cash . His cover as a well meaning amateur who loves the game and is only doing this for the fans has been well and truly blown . The next potential buyer of Sunderland will now know the clock is ticking for him. If Parkinson doesn't work out , Stew will find himself on the Mike Ashley trajectory ...

It's clear to everyone now that the club is for sale and Stew is short of cash . His cover as a well meaning amateur who loves the game and is only doing this for the fans has been well and truly blown . The next potential buyer of Sunderland will now know the clock is ticking for him. If Parkinson doesn't work out , Stew will find himself on the Mike Ashley trajectory ...
They are well and truly on the slippery slope now if they were'nt before

He was banking on promotion last year, to make a quick sale and bank a few million - all the while keeping the fans 'happy' with his twitter/drinking in pubs/going in the away end bollocks.

He is a business first and foremost (not a great one), but is only here to make ££££ - but it looks like he may have fucked it up for himself ?

A lot of people seem to think the owners haven’t shown ambition. I don’t really get it. I’m not sure managers with a better cv were interested.
Me neither. I don't think it's a lack of ambition. We can be as ambitious as we want, the ceiling for achievement for at least the next 6-7 months is promotion.

He's here for the money.Even the posters on here who thought otherwise when he took over are now realising it.His anti-mag dig was always only going to take him so far.The same with Short's FTM badge.Eventually fans look at what's happening on the pitch without the gimmicks off the pitch.

Personally I'd have went for Strendel all out.... as Donald said, it was the " Dortmund model" they wanted to adopt only a little over 12 months ago. Strendel to implement that would have been ideal. As its turned out I'd have tried for Hughton (out of a job and) Clough or dare I say Phillips. Phillips would be a gamble, yes but no more than Parkinson. His track record despite what the club try to spin is not good theres also three relegations in there. but there is a few manager of the month awards.
Stendel would have been my first choice
Would have added more to both Fleetwood fixtures.

Last edited:
No one knows the FACTS except the owners and whoever they are talking to and yet so many on here think they know it all.
It's embarrassing.
Nearly as embarrassing as posters that continually fight the corner of Donald and Methven, their copybook was spoiled for me when the revelations regarding how they financed the purchase of our club came to light, they’re not the knights in shining armour that they make out to be.

Nearly as embarrassing as posters that continually fight the corner of Donald and Methven, their copybook was spoiled for me when the revelations regarding how they financed the purchase of our club came to light, they’re not the knights in shining armour that they make out to be.
What is more embarrassing is 'fans' threatening the owners on social media etc , when did we become that kind of support? It's an insight on society in general these days I suppose but it disappoints me massively tbh.

What is more embarrassing is 'fans' threatening the owners on social media etc , when did we become that kind of support? It's an insight on society in general these days I suppose but it disappoints me massively tbh.
Blinded by a minority on social media. 'We' is quite a generalisation of our fanbase.
It's a small number of people that can only Express themselves hiding behind a computer/mobile screen.
We have a sound fanbase let's not knock it for the sake of low intelligence idiots

Blinded by a minority on social media. 'We' is quite a generalisation of our fanbase.
It's a small number of people that can only Express themselves hiding behind a computer/mobile screen.
We have a sound fanbase let's not knock it for the sake of low intelligence idiots
While I think you're right I think the % of arseholes is steadily climbing. Daft thing is 2 or 3 wins on the belt and everything in the garden will be rosy again, there's no balance or rationale with a lot of people these days it seems.

While I think you're right I think the % of arseholes is steadily climbing. Daft thing is 2 or 3 wins on the belt and everything in the garden will be rosy again, there's no balance or rationale with a lot of people these days it seems.

Exactly this.
Our negative, apathetic, fickle lot though are on a different level to yours.
The number one on my dislike list at Swindon.

Back