1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stewart Lee

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Cee Jay, May 19, 2017.

1. Cee Jay

Cee Jay Striker

on last night at the City Hall

Anyone go ? Good ?

Off their tonight

2. fyl2u

fyl2u Striker

3. mux

mux Winger Contributor

He appeals very much to the pseudo-intellectuals such as myself.

I've been practising my middle class laugh in preparation and for good measure.

minkey, lurker and Cee Jay like this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Winger

I still laugh at his mailing list emails being titled 'From the Met-Lib-Elite Desk of Stewart Lee'.

mux likes this.
  5. I've slated him on here for years thinking he was a pretentious arrogant wanker who only appealed to pretentious arrogant wankers. Having watched quite a few of his shows recently I have come to realise he's brilliant and I myself am a pretentious arrogant wanker.

minkey, ir35, CatRyan and 8 others like this.
  6. Hammer

Hammer Winger

Always amuses me the number of people who don't seem to realise that a comedian's shtick isn't their actual personality. I wouldn't be surprised if a few on here think Al Murray really runs a pub.

7. Sorry if I've hurt your feelings Stew

8. Boris Bear

Boris Bear Striker

The ludicrously coiffured, fat of face, fuck

@mini-x2

Icarebecauseyoudo, Hammer and mini-x2 like this.
  9. Joe Public

Joe Public Striker

I'm going tonight as well. The wife is coming, she will hate it, which is even better.

10. Cee Jay

Cee Jay Striker

On a bit sharpish...7.30

Couple of pints before, few after with a curry ;)

11. dixonsafc

dixonsafc Striker

Got tickets to see him in Leeds next month.

12. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Not something i do a lot of to him and i really like him.Pretty unique,more of a commentator/story teller

mux likes this.
  13. Charmer

Charmer Goalkeeper

Saw him York on Wednesday. Top tip - be there for the advertised start time.

He was heckled before he finished his first sentence and responded as you would expect him to.

Top class as usual and prepare to be ridiculed.

He had plenty to say on that topic as part of his controlled rants about digitisation etc.

HellsBells likes this.
  14. lurker

lurker Winger

He'll be sat there now reading this board, a vegan hummus wrap of some sort in one hand, his phone in the other.

He reads out any good abuse people post about him. Go on, post some and see if he does it.

15. silas80

silas80 Midfield

Should bring back TMWRNJ. If just for a one-off. Maybe a 20th anniversary.

HellsBells and Arkle like this.
  16. Really like Stewart Lee. His Clarkson rant is very amusing.

17. Cee Jay

Cee Jay Striker

The William Wallace/nonce piece is v funny:lol:

18. Hammer

Hammer Winger

The bit at the end of Carpet Remnant World that he says came off a Sheffield forum was actually off here.

Shit, rumbled.

lurker likes this.
  19. I enjoyed when one of the SMBNP laid into him on here and a couple of others had cheeky but only semi serious digs, and he read them out as evidence that everyone in Stoke hates him.

I may have got some of the details wrong

lurker likes this.
  20. lurker

lurker Winger

I fucking love the lad but I think I was in the crowd of people slagging him off :D