Stewart Lee column the Guardian.

Just reading his article (it's really funny btw)- he is referring to some of the online threats he's read about himself and he mentions "Joycey of readytogonet [im assuming thats here], I remember, wanted to beat me "with a shit covered cricket bat" - nice to be mentioned i suppose
Are milkshakes the new politics of resistance? | Stewart Lee

In one of his standup shows he referred to the SMB as a 'Sheffield United' forum. He knew damn well it was Sunderland (the poster was related to Stewart Lee's ex), and ended the show with an extended take-down of the city.

“The ludicrously coiffered fat-of-face fuck” Mini-x2, readytogo.net

“His smug attitude and the fact that he comes accross like a grade A bellend makes him unwatchable for me.” Joycey33, readytogo.net

“Absolutely shite. Wank comedy made by a wanker for wankers. Loads of “safe” and tedious jokes while constantly peddling his left wing views to appear fashionable. Perfectly suited to the bbc. Go to your local pub and chances are you’ll meet someone funnier than him. He is arguably worse than Lenny Henry.” Archer, Readytogo.net

“He certainly no Bernard Manning. Complete and utter shite. A smug lefty arse. Bernard was a genius, from the golden age of comedy that’s sadly gone now in a time where you can’t insult anyone any more. You can’t even take the piss out of gays now, they’re passing a law to make homophobic jokes illegal. Scots are fair game still though so I’ve seen from Lee’s DVD.” Magnificent Bastard, Readytogo.net

“Come back Mr Lee when you have achieved 1% of what Ben Elton has achieved.” Redandwhiterob, readytogo.net

“Miserable fecker with an annoying delivery.” blythy, readytogo.net

The Newcastle milkshake man, it could be argued, is acting in a tradition of slapstick clowning far more ancient and primal, and arguably more honest, than the supposed satire of our glib liberal values purportedly essayed by Meechan and Benjamin. The milkshake is flung from a realm of misrule recognisable to all cultures.

Lovely.

Back