Dear Mr Donald

yep. This is true more than any of you lot know. And they did worse with Cattermole and Oviedo in the summer. if they’re still in control of this football club this time next year and we’re in League 1, we’ll be in a relegation battle. The cuts we’d make would make the summer gone look good..

Haway then, what are you alluding to here?

I agree with this. Some of the earlier posts are way over the top. His heart was in the right place but he thought he could run a massive club like a Conference team and has made massive mistakes on the football side. His recruitment and the recruitment of those he appointed has been abysmal.

I’ve been saying for months it’s the recruitment strategy that has wrecked us. It’s cost us the manager and yet another manager is not what we needed, it’s burdened us with rank average players, all of which will cost more money to replace.
We should have powered straight out of this league but the quality of player was never good enough.
It’s massive issue, but everything else at the club is as it should be. But it all means nothing without a team on the pitch
I'm not saying otherwise, of course you are. My question was, what have they done to warrant a stranger coming ln a message board to defend them?

I missing something, who’s the stranger?

Last edited:
People in this thread are acting like he's a moustache twiddling, Dick Dastardly type villain. Do you think it was his plan to have this wobble?

Cant he just be a bit of an optimistic loser? I dont think they're trying to con us. They're just inept.
I’ve been consistent in saying that he’s a well meaning incompetent. That being said I can’t think of a single thing he’s done right on the football side. That takes some doing, mind. You’d expect him to get something right even just by accident.

I’ve been saying for months it’s the recruitment strategy that has wrecked us. It’s cost us the manager and yet another manager is not what we needed, it’s burdened us with rank average players, all of which will cost more money to replace.
We should have powered straight out of this league but the quality of player was never good enough.
It’s massive issue, but everything else at the club is as it should be. But it all means nothing without a team on the pitch

Do you know them personally? If not, you are a stranger on the internet to them.

“Everything else at the club is as it should be “. Haha , what a ridiculous statement. Absolutely clueless .

No but I can relate to what they are trying to do.

How? Have you ran a large football club? Do you know exactly what they're trying to do? I don't.
What I can see tanglibly however, is that the product ie the football has regressed markedly at senior and junior levels. So, whatever they're trying to do, isn't quite working, is it?

Back